You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Has anyone taken CITA exam ???
Started by romeo abrego
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I took it about a month ago.... You can send me a private message if you want.
I'm taking the CITA exam this coming year and I'm coming from out of state. Does anyone know of any patient finding services for the CITA exam and I'm willing to pay to have that guarantee?
Thanks in advance for any type of help regarding the CITA exam.
Thanks in advance for any type of help regarding the CITA exam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took & passed CITA exam(s) in May; ask if need any advice or helpful hints....I am taking CITA this month .. Has anyone taken the test before? Please contact me 😉
Took & passed CITA exam(s) in May; ask if need any advice or helpful hints....
Hi,
How many weeks/ months/hours did you study for this exam?
ur inputs would greatly helpful.
thanks
Studied the manual closely several months before I took it; know all the Procedures and Forms well (it's a real Paper-Chase); I practiced on the typodont teeth for several months before also; had to retake the Prostho (the hardest of them all), because had a 60% Failure Rate on that test; you need to know your stuff, NOT an easy exam to pass like, say, SERTA; screen patients carefully and have backups; paid my patients $100 each whether I worked on them or not (& MAKE SURE they will show up!) ; get a GOOD experienced dental assistant (preferably one that has assisted on the CITA exam before); I paid her $300 for the day, but it was worth it; in a nutshell, be PREPARED for CITA, not a walk in the park.
Hi,
Thanks for ur input.
can you elaborate about the written part , how much time is required to study to pass this exam.
thanks!!!
Thanks for ur input.
can you elaborate about the written part , how much time is required to study to pass this exam.
thanks!!!
Studied the manual closely several months before I took it; know all the Procedures and Forms well (it's a real Paper-Chase); I practiced on the typodont teeth for several months before also; had to retake the Prostho (the hardest of them all), because had a 60% Failure Rate on that test; you need to know your stuff, NOT an easy exam to pass like, say, SERTA; screen patients carefully and have backups; paid my patients $100 each whether I worked on them or not (& MAKE SURE they will show up!) ; get a GOOD experienced dental assistant (preferably one that has assisted on the CITA exam before); I paid her $300 for the day, but it was worth it; in a nutshell, be PREPARED for CITA, not a walk in the park.
There's really no "written" part; your NBDE scores are accepted by CITA for certification (same holds true for all the other regional Board Exams, I believe); go to citaexam.com to see what is involved; like I said, it seems "simple" just to prep a few teeth & do a filling or two, until you look closely at CITA's requirements for prepping those crowns or doing that composite and amalgam; sure, I can prep a crown in my sleep, as I'm sure you can too, but if you don't prep to CITA's specifications down to the 1/2 mm. as laid out in the Manual, then you'll flunk. Same holds true for the Endo and Restorative Parts; what I'm saying is that if you go in there unprepared, then you'll more than likely fail. The Patient-Based Parts are a real paper-chase...there's at least 8-10 forms you have to keep up with and file in in the correct order for each restorative or periodontal procedure you have to do during the Exam.
Hi, I am looking for patient finding service and a dental assistant, can you please let me know how can I find one?
what did you do finally?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 701
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K