Has anyone turned in your pharmacy apps already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aleviya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend has been freaking me out by saying eveyone he knows has already turned in their pharmacy apps or is planning to by july. Is this true? and is it really necessary to turn it in so early?

I also havent gotten LORs yet...and I know im quite late about all this...but how long do people generally give to write LORs? Any response is grateful since I have very few friends to ask about pharmacy stuff :(

Members don't see this ad.

aleviya said:
My friend has been freaking me out by saying eveyone he knows has already turned in their pharmacy apps or is planning to by july. Is this true? and is it really necessary to turn it in so early?

I also havent gotten LORs yet...and I know im quite late about all this...but how long do people generally give to write LORs? Any response is grateful since I have very few friends to ask about pharmacy stuff :(

No need to panic. I didn't finish up all of my application materials until after I took the October PCAT last year, as I was concerned about doing well on that test first. I would think that you are still in the early crowd if you send apps in the August/early September time frame. BTW, I was accepted at both places I applied, so I know you don't have to be super early.

I am a little confused. I am taking my pcat in october for the first time.

Does everything, including letters of recommendation have to be done before you can submit your application? Also, is the exemption for this, the PCAT test as that can arrive later on?

Also, how do you input your NEW grades once you have completed the semester when you have already submitted your application?

And when will Pharmcas calculate my GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same as you aleviya... looking through these forums i'm sure many rejectees have their applications finished and submitted for the next year... which is a scary thought. I'm just trying to submit my application by the end of August, no later! (Hopefully). Good luck with this process!

You guys need to quit worrying. I didn't even ask for my first LOR before the middle of october, with a November 30th deadline. I applied to one school, 3 days ahead of the deadline and was accepted, with average stats at best. An application turned in on the day of the deadline is given just as much attention as one turned in a month early. Unless they have rolling admissions.... Also, you can put a lot more stuff on your resume and app. if you wait longer ;)