Has anyone used Crack DAT science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeefan86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Crack DAT science and had success with it? It came free with Crack package I bought awhile ago and figured to give it a whirl. I tried the biology out and got 22/40 correct :mad:. I know this program isn't that popular but has anyone else used it and had success? It seems like it could be a decent source of extra bio problems to blow through.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used Crack DAT science and had success with it? It came free with Crack package I bought awhile ago and figured to give it a whirl. I tried the biology out and got 22/40 correct :mad:. I know this program isn't that popular but has anyone else used it and had success? It seems like it could be a decent source of extra bio problems to blow through.

Too specific and detailed for the most part...you will average between 13-16 for most of the tests that the science has. I actually like the math and the PAT kicks butt. The RC tests are good practice except that the give you 60 minutes standard when I think the real thing is only 50 minutes.

+1

Crack DAT MATH & PAT = A++

Reading = B+ -- Good practice if you don't have a good strategy down and need to take some more tests.

Science = B --If you just want some extra questions this is fine but as stated they are alot more difficult/detailed than the real test. They did not represent the real DAT very much. I did not spend alot of time with it but I still used the problems to help me use what I had memorized. I was getting around 15s and 16s on it. I am sure it helped...Just not as much as some of the other sources.

makes achiever look like a cake walk. but i thought crack the science was great... at making me feel like crap

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol i'm glad i found this passage. i've been scoring 10-13 on the science and was getting discouraged :(

so the consensus seems to be that the destroyer is good for science-- is it study material kind like the kaplan book, or practice tests? or practice problems with solutions?

and does anyone know what top score and achiever are particularly good for?

i'm taking the dat in less than a month and getting nervous.
thanks in advance

lol i'm glad i found this passage. i've been scoring 10-13 on the science and was getting discouraged :(

so the consensus seems to be that the destroyer is good for science-- is it study material kind like the kaplan book, or practice tests? or practice problems with solutions?

and does anyone know what top score and achiever are particularly good for?

i'm taking the dat in less than a month and getting nervous.
thanks in advance

destroyer is a book with practice problems and solutions. top score and achiever are good for testing your progress

I just want to double check on this cause I am still freaking out a little bit. I've been averaging about 13-15 on Biology and 10-13 on Organic and Gen Chem on Crack the DAT Science. Those scores are pretty much what I should be expecting to get using crack DAT, yes? I'm taking the real thing late next week and have been studying hardcore for almost 4 weeks now and feel like I know so much more than is represented in these scores!

I just want to double check on this cause I am still freaking out a little bit. I've been averaging about 13-15 on Biology and 10-13 on Organic and Gen Chem on Crack the DAT Science. Those scores are pretty much what I should be expecting to get using crack DAT, yes? I'm taking the real thing late next week and have been studying hardcore for almost 4 weeks now and feel like I know so much more than is represented in these scores!

Hey spider, don't trust the Crack DAT Sciences scores.

I am a hardcore chem major and got 16BIO, 16GC, 12OC on Crack DAT Science 1 test. I tutor 2nd year organic chemistry, so getting a 12 in OC would probably defeat my purpose in life. Anyways, they asked some really weird questions on it, which I knew that wasn't gonna be on the real Dat, so I didn't waste my time doing the other 4 tests.

Hey spider, don't trust the Crack DAT Sciences scores.

I am a hardcore chem major and got 16BIO, 16GC, 12OC on Crack DAT Science 1 test. I tutor 2nd year organic chemistry, so getting a 12 in OC would probably defeat my purpose in life. Anyways, they asked some really weird questions on it, which I knew that wasn't gonna be on the real Dat, so I didn't waste my time doing the other 4 tests.

Can you help me to identify between Sn1, Sn2, E1, and E2? I get most stumped on how to tell if something is a good Nu, leaving group, etc. I am having trouble understanding how to tell if something is a "strong acid/base." I memorized the details of each of these overall reactions (backside attack, rate determining step, protic solvents, etc...) but what conditions favor one over the other?? Is there an easier approach to these general reactions?