Has anyone visited both DMU and UHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JolliBee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

This application process is getting too expensive for me so I really could use everyone's help. I've interviewed at UHS and have a DMU interview in a few weeks but my credit card is maxxed out. I tried to line up the interviews the same week so I wouldn't have to keep flying out but to no avail. Now, I'm considering declining the DMU interview.

Has anyone visited both DMU and UHS? If so, I would love to hear everything about your visits, i.e., curriculum, people, new buildings being built, atmosphere, rotations, residencies, etc. If you had to choose between the two, what would be your personal preference and why?

Thanks for any help that you can provide...

Members don't see this ad.

JolliBee,
I am a first year here at DMU and I interviewed at both UHS and Here. I would say that you shouldn't decline your DMU interview, because DMU is a great school. Before I intereviewed here I felt the same way about the money and actually thought that this would be a school that I would never go to. After my interview it became my top choice. I think that the interview experience here is really great, and the school is awesome.

If you want more specifics feel free to PM me, and I'll give you all of the differences that made me choose DMU over UHS.

Jenny

congrats on your interviews though. I would also say that trying to get the interviews in the same week is a great idea, Kansas city and des moines are only like 3 hours away and it's a very easy drive.