Has anyone withdrawn from the GW 5-year decelerated program for Fall 2004?

Started by femina7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

femina7

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only received one interview out of the many school to which I applied. I interviewed at GW in November, and since then, I've been waiting anxiously for their reply. I received word in early March that I was rejected from their regular 4-year MD program, but they were considering me highly for their 5-year MD program that splits the first year of med school into 2 years. I have 2 learning disabilities, and this program was absolutely perfect for me. I've learned to compensate for my disabilities and achieved a 4.0 at Vanderbilt. This whole process has been very disappointing. I'll keep trying no matter what to get into medical school. I was informed that I am an alternate for their 5-year program, and unless someone withdraws from it, I won't go anywhere in the fall. has anyone withdrawn their acceptance from this program or know someone who has? You may respond on this thread or pm me. I would absolutely love to attend GW in the fall! I really hope I get off the waitlist. I'm feeling really down in the dumps and overly anxious to know if I got in.