has anyone's app been put on hold even after an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone's app been put on hold even after an interview? im afraid this might happen to me due to low pat.. feedback please!

Members don't see this ad.

It happened to me 2 years ago at Marquette. I was waitlisted after the interview at Minn and Mich... This time around I already have 2 acceptances (by phone) and I can't check my mail until Sunday night when I get home from my parents house for the others!!!

mitechgrl said:
It happened to me 2 years ago at Marquette. I was waitlisted after the interview at Minn and Mich... This time around I already have 2 acceptances (by phone) and I can't check my mail until Sunday night when I get home from my parents house for the others!!!

Hello, What where your stats (gpa, dat) when you applied to Minn and they put you on waitlist after interview?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was a resident of Wisconsin when I applied to Minn for acceptance in the class of 2004. My DAT was and 18AA/17PAT, GPA about 3.6. I interviewed in October and was an alternate in December... ultimately I was never admitted. This year I was rejected from Minn right off the bat with a DAT of 20 AA, same GPA, however, my residency has changed to Michigan. I think Minn gives preference to students from Wisconsin and other surrounding states, not Michigan. Luckily I've been accepted this time around at 5 other schools including U of Michigan.

It has happened to me at Louisville. I have been put on waitlist for some reason. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

cowsgomoo said:
It has happened to me at Louisville. I have been put on waitlist for some reason. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

That sucks :thumbdown: Have you decided between Columbia and UPenn?

Audio said:
That sucks :thumbdown: Have you decided between Columbia and UPenn?
I am still leaning towards Columbia but I am going to talk to a couple of dentists before I make my final decision. :D :D

mitechgrl said:
I was a resident of Wisconsin when I applied to Minn for acceptance in the class of 2004. My DAT was and 18AA/17PAT, GPA about 3.6. I interviewed in October and was an alternate in December... ultimately I was never admitted. This year I was rejected from Minn right off the bat with a DAT of 20 AA, same GPA, however, my residency has changed to Michigan. I think Minn gives preference to students from Wisconsin and other surrounding states, not Michigan. Luckily I've been accepted this time around at 5 other schools including U of Michigan.

The U of Michigan is one hell of a school. If I was living in Michigan (I was born there, but now live in MN), I would totally go there.