This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vandee

Reaction score
I have alopecia and wear a beanie or baseball hat pretty much every day. I'm a woman, and am planning to wear a suit or slacks and jacket to the interview, but I have no idea what to put on my head. Have you all seen good professional looks rocked by people with alopecia? A hat, wrap, head covering of some sort? I never wear a wig, so I don't want to wear one to the interview and look and feel like a different person, and I think walking in bald would be distracting (and cold!).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I don't think walking in bald would be distracting one bit. :) It shows that you are comfortable with who you are. If do feel uncomfortable, I would most likely bring a nice beanie to wear for the information sessions or prior to the interview to stay warm. You can always mention that you are cold in the interview and if it would be okay to keep the beanie/hat on. I also recommend googling Top Knots (really cute head wraps) as I recently shaved my head and would wore this to work/professional settings.

Reactions: 1 user
As a woman, it is acceptable to wear a head covering indoors, however a beanie or a baseball hat will be too casual in an interview environment. I think you could go with a silky scarf, head wrap/turban or even a beret or cloche hat instead.
Men are not supposed to wear a head covering indoors (except for yarmulke, skull cap or Sikh turban), so we have less options.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d wear a wrap! Seems the most professional. Don’t do anything you’re uncomfortable with.