Have an appointment with admission office before application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veveyvincent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am applying for med school in a few months so I am thinking about talking to med school admission offices and see if they can give some suggestion on what I can improve.
Do you know any med school admission offices that allow pre-med students from other universities to have an appointment (online/on site) with them before application?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like that's something that your premed advisor would do, not medical schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard of people asking for advice on their apps after being rejected but not before. At my undergrad, admissions officers would come speak about their school and it was very common for freshmen/sophomores/juniors to ask questions about how things would be viewed (would it be okay if i did this instead of research for ex or how is medical volunteering viewed vs the non medical volunteering i have done) but people didn't go through their entire apps with the admissions officers. I think for general strength of your application reviews you should go to your pre-med advisor