Have anyone withdraw contract after signing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hard decision now. CVS gave me offer with sign on bonus, and if I like to relocate, another extra bonus plus relocation, total of 25K, but I have to sign before end of the month. I want to relocate for sure, but I am interested in hospital job more (although I don't care to work in retail either). Hospital job is harder to find if I want to relocate though. I want to know what will happen if I sign the contract with CVS now but withdrawl if I can find a hospital opportunity with relocation. I know it sounds crazy, but I just want to know what can happen? Does anyone have such experience or heard of such case before?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well a contract is a contract...you should consult that to let you know of any repercussions.

If retail is not your ideal job, I would recommend either....

1) do not take the sign-on bonus or 2) take the sign-on bonus (if you must) and put it into a CD at the bank and do NOT SPEND IT! This way, if you do happen upon your ideal job, you will be able to give back the money to CVS (however, you will not receive 25k to begin with because you will be taxed on this, so you will have to fork over whatever extra amount that was taken away via tax if you have to repay CVS).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't want to work retail, DON'T take the money.

See that was easy.....

I have a friend who recently left a retail chain for a hospital job and now she has to pay back the money. I would say that if you have even the slightest hesitation: DON'T DO IT! Especially since my friend thought for sure she'd like retail and ended up disliking it and now owes them money!

I have a friend who recently left a retail chain for a hospital job and now she has to pay back the money. I would say that if you have even the slightest hesitation: DON'T DO IT! Especially since my friend thought for sure she'd like retail and ended up disliking it and now owes them money!

So what, any pharmacist worth his salt can re-pay a $5,000.00 loan.....