Have everything ready but....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NHA2MedSchool

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of pre-req posts, but I keep seeing different answers so apologies in advance for repetition...

I will be submitting my application this June with the intent to matriculate in Fall 2019. (Stats are below). My only problem is I am missing Physics 2 and Organic Chem (self studied them with EK, Khan, and Kaplan for MCAT), but will be taking them in the Fall of 2018, due to work overload in the spring and the birth of my second child. I wish I could quit work, but unfortunately that is not an option as the sole provider of my family. So my question is: Do I have a legit shot at being accepted into an MD school or is having incomplete Pre-req's (at the time of application) a big "no-no" in the admission committee's eyes? I will have them done well before the fall of 2019 but am concerned about them being incomplete while admissions is looking at my qualifications. Thanks for the advice, sincerely appreciate it.

Side note: would prefer a Florida medical school for tuition in state tuition purposes i.e. UF, FSU, UCF, FAU

GPA: 3.86 (c) GPA / 4.0 (s) GPA
MCAT: 512
Am a licensed nursing home administrator
Over 100 shadowing hours
tons of non-medical community service.

Members don't see this ad.

No worries, your MCAT covers you for those incomplete prereqs for the time being. Just be careful to actually do what you say you're going to do, any acceptance will state it's contingent on completion.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your barrier will be money, not admission. If you are the sole source of income, crunch the numbers before you accept. Without my wife's income, the cost of attendance would not cover our modest expenses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your barrier will be money, not admission. If you are the sole source of income, crunch the numbers before you accept. Without my wife's income, the cost of attendance would not cover our modest expenses.
Thank you for the reply. 100%. Fortunately, we have set aside enough to incur no med school debt. Sincerely appreciate the feed back!

Thanks so much for the feedback. That is great to hear and is what I was "hoping" to hear. Good points regarding ensuring the completion of what is said on ones application. Will update this thread once admission season arrives!

I know there are plenty of pre-req posts, but I keep seeing different answers so apologies in advance for repetition...

I will be submitting my application this June with the intent to matriculate in Fall 2019. (Stats are below). My only problem is I am missing Physics 2 and Organic Chem (self studied them with EK, Khan, and Kaplan for MCAT), but will be taking them in the Fall of 2018, due to work overload in the spring and the birth of my second child. I wish I could quit work, but unfortunately that is not an option as the sole provider of my family. So my question is: Do I have a legit shot at being accepted into an MD school or is having incomplete Pre-req's (at the time of application) a big "no-no" in the admission committee's eyes? I will have them done well before the fall of 2019 but am concerned about them being incomplete while admissions is looking at my qualifications. Thanks for the advice, sincerely appreciate it.

Side note: would prefer a Florida medical school for tuition in state tuition purposes i.e. UF, FSU, UCF, FAU

GPA: 3.86 (c) GPA / 4.0 (s) GPA
MCAT: 512
Am a licensed nursing home administrator
Over 100 shadowing hours
tons of non-medical community service.

I am having a very successful cycle despite missing two pre-reqs. Come to think of it, I better figure out a way to complete them in the next six months...

Congrats on the solid stats and good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
That is fantastic/refreshing to hear! Appreciate the feedback and congrats!