have people received the vanderbilt secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sonya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

Has anyone received the Vanderbilt MSTP secondary yet? if so, do you mind shari ng the question? also, when did you submit you amcas? I submitted mine a little late (august) and I haven 't heard a word back from vanderbilt. nothing. and i'm a student there...

thanks,
Sonya

Members don't see this ad.

Sonya said:
hi,

Has anyone received the Vanderbilt MSTP secondary yet? if so, do you mind shari ng the question? also, when did you submit you amcas? I submitted mine a little late (august) and I haven 't heard a word back from vanderbilt. nothing. and i'm a student there...

thanks,
Sonya

Yes, here are the ?s:

Write a brief autobiography. As completely and precisely as possible, give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important in you. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or have been doing since graduation. You may either upload a file from your computer or type your statement in the space provided. (2000 word limit)

In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. You may either upload a file from your computer or type your statement in the space provided. (500 word limit)

Discuss the scholarly work or research you have done of which you are most proud. What did you find? What might be the consequences of your work? (500 word limit)

My AMCAS was complete as of 9/2. I received Vanderbilt's secondary on 9/13.

Does receiving Vandy secondary = auto MSTP interview like for MD admissions? I've been wondering this for a little while now...