Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Have you applied to this school before (did not complete secondary previously)

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by 1WannaGet1n, 05.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. 1WannaGet1n

1WannaGet1n

Pre-Medical
    Hi Guys,

I previously applied to some schools but did not complete the secondary applications.
    When I am selecting a school, they ask if "I have applied to their school before"
    If I had not completed my secondary previously, then does that count as an 'application'?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. LongTimeLurk

LongTimeLurk first time post

Medical Student
    When I reapplied I answered yes. If I was given option to elaborate I had great answer prepared for what I did since applying first time around.

4. gonnif

gonnif Only 1431 Days Until Next Presidential Election Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Technically it would be no, but they can still see that you applied and didnt even bother to finish the application. I would follow LongTimeLurk and say yes and be prepared to defend

5. lalalaaaaaa

lalalaaaaaa 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I wrote no for schools where I didn't complete the secondary because you didn't actually finish the application. If your app wasn't in the pool being considered, then you didn't apply. It's the difference between working on an application and submitting it.

About the ads