Have you ever taken 'Physiology of Reproduction ?'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aNewManEveryDay

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering taking either the 'Physiology of Reproduction' or Immunology. Any ideas on which would be the best class to take for MCAT prep ? I have heard Phys classes are great prep because they integrate lots of previously learned concepts. I also imagine we would be studying the cell cycle at great depth in the Phys class which will probably be on the MCAT. Any ideas ?

Members don't see this ad.

aNewManEveryDay said:
I am considering taking either the 'Physiology of Reproduction' or Immunology. Any ideas on which would be the best class to take for MCAT prep ? I have heard Phys classes are great prep because they integrate lots of previously learned concepts. I also imagine we would be studying the cell cycle at great depth in the Phys class which will probably be on the MCAT. Any ideas ?
For MCAT prep? Probably Immunology, but neither class is necessary to do well on the MCAT.

I took the physiology of reproduction and we didn't study the cell cycle at all. We studied it in Cell Biology. The physio of reproduction was not just human species, but many animal species and we talked mainly about reproductive cycles and the hormonal shifts. We spent some time on embryological development, but for the most part it was about oogenesis, spermatogenesis, fertilisation, menstrual cycles, etc.

You're better off with immuno.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrYo12 said:
I took the physiology of reproduction and we didn't study the cell cycle at all. We studied it in Cell Biology. The physio of reproduction was not just human species, but many animal species and we talked mainly about reproductive cycles and the hormonal shifts. We spent some time on embryological development, but for the most part it was about oogenesis, spermatogenesis, fertilisation, menstrual cycles, etc.

You're better off with immuno.

rata snitch..

aNewManEveryDay said:

you mean there's a course in 'Physiology of Reproduction'? I thought it was just something people explored and experimented on their own...? :confused:

Psycho Doctor said:
you mean there's a course in 'Physiology of Reproduction'? I thought it was just something people explored and experimented on their own...? :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: i so wouldn't have expected you to say that Psycho :laugh:

I actually really liked all my repro classes (although they were more like reproductive endocrinology and reproductive mechanisms). However, they aren't really useful for the MCAT.

tinkerbelle said:
:laugh: :laugh: i so wouldn't have expected you to say that Psycho :laugh:

I actually really liked all my repro classes (although they were more like reproductive endocrinology and reproductive mechanisms). However, they aren't really useful for the MCAT.

i like to keep people wondering about me.

and thank you so very much tinkerbell for your really sweet e-mail :thumbup: ; it really helped

Psycho Doctor said:
and thank you so very much tinkerbell for your really sweet e-mail :thumbup: ; it really helped

i'm glad it helped psycho :)

tinkerbelle said:
i'm glad it helped psycho :)

:love: i'll get back to you tomorrow...i'm really beat now

Psycho Doctor said:
:love: i'll get back to you tomorrow...i'm really beat now

g'night psycho :) take care of yourself :love: