Haven't heard anything, what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mojoe712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied to 4 different schools, and interviewed at two of them where i felt like I had the best chance of getting in. I heard from one of these school saying that I was wait-listed on Dec. 1st, but I haven't heard anything from the other.

I am wondering what I should do now. I am studying abroad this next semester and am feeling the pressure of the fact that I may not get accepted this time around, and that I need to make plans for next year. Should I just sit back and wait, or is it a good idea to contact these school and ask them questions?

Things I want to ask the school I was wait-listed at:
1. Am I at the top or the bottom of the wait-list?
2. What are my chances of getting in?
3. If I am at the bottom/have low chances of getting in, what are my weaknesses, and what should I do next year while re-applying?

Things I want to ask the school I haven't heard from:
1. Have you sent invites to all of the spots in the class of 2016?
2. What is the status of my application: rejected? wait-listed?
3. (Questions 1, 2, and 3 from above)

Does anyone know if it is "kosher" to send e-mails to the admissions boards with these types of questions, or is it best to just wait it out? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it may be a little early to worry so much since many of our Dec 1 acceptance deposits arent even due until the first week of January. I'm taking my time in this decision and am mailing in my deposits and withdrawals on Friday and I'm sure there are many many many others like me ... so I'd just sit tight for now.

As for the school where you interviewed and haven't heard from, you should contact them. What if you were accepted and they're expecting your deposit on Jan 2??

I hope your stats are awesome because applying to only 4 schools is not enough... Each school has their own set of things they prefer such as DAT scores, GPA, EC's, etc. I hope you did your research. Don't know what to tell you. A lot of people are in limbo like you. Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I mean, looking back I was definitely being naive and didn't really know quite how competitive the whole process is, and if I don't get in this time around I guess it'll just serve as a lesson learned and I'll apply to a lot more schools next time around. That being said I feel like my stats are pretty solid - 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT with a 3.65 oGPA and 3.56 sGPA. My extra curriculars are pretty solid as well.

I hope your stats are awesome because applying to only 4 schools is not enough... Each school has their own set of things they prefer such as DAT scores, GPA, EC's, etc. I hope you did your research. Don't know what to tell you. A lot of people are in limbo like you. Good luck...

I agree that you probably should have applied to a few more schools just to increase your chances. However, dont start to worry just yet. Its still relatively early in the process, and I do know a lot of people that got off the waitlist in May. Just keep your fingers crossed! :)