Having the same position in several eboards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RiceBoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the midst of applying for eboard positions right now, and lets just say I really like doing service projects. In fact, I had 2 service chair position positions already this year. But would reapplying for service chairs in the same club/another club be too redundant? Would it be better if I spice it up a little and try another position?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the positions/titles will matter one way or the other to adcoms. It will be the actual projects (i.e. your proven commitment to the underserved) and a consistent pattern of showing leadership through your actions, following through on your commitments, and taking your area of responsibility to the next level. I personally would stick to one position, whichever one is the most influential/strategic, and develop that as much as possible. 3 yrs as service coordinator of X Club, who led X, Y, and Z projects, looks better than service coordinator of X, Y, and Z club.