having trouble with Goljan on iPod?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allylz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I recently posted about how me and my boyfriend put the Goljan files on our iPods and listened to them while doing other things. I got several private messages about problems with this.

Now to tell you the truth I don't remember exactly how I fixed the files, but the files I received were not MP3 files, even though the file *names* were in the format "Renal_1.mp3" and so forth but the files themselves were not MP3s, they were MP2 or some other weird old file type that people don't use anymore. If you can open the files in iTunes but you cannot transfer them to your iPod, don't give up! There is a function in iTunes itself to "Convert to MP3" these files so that they are recognized by the iPod. If someone knows the specifics because of doing it more recently than I have, please do post.

I promise, the files will play on iPod! It just takes a little while to convert them.
:) Alison

Members don't see this ad.

convert the mp whatever files to AAC files. this is what the iPod will recognize.

this conversion is done in itunes....right click on the lecture and select "convert to aac"....it takes a little bit. it leaves a copy in both forms (mpeg and aac) and they seem to end up in different spots in my library. by right clicking on the song and hitting "get info" you can make sure you have the right copy. they are fantastic lectures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to make the file sizes smaller after converting the mp3s to AAC? For some reason the AAC files take up more than twice the amount of disk space as the mp3 files, and I don't have much room left on my computer.

hi ! can anybody tell me which ipod will the goljan audios upload.
iam in the process of buying a new one, want to know if the apple ipod will work.
i had got an olympus b4, but it did'nt work , had to return it back.
so just want to make sure if the apple will work, or the someother cheaper ones ones thru which i can get my work done.
pls anybody reply, i have my exam in two weeks.
thanks in anticipation.

jam75 said:
hi ! can anybody tell me which ipod will the goljan audios upload.
iam in the process of buying a new one, want to know if the apple ipod will work.
i had got an olympus b4, but it did'nt work , had to return it back.
so just want to make sure if the apple will work, or the someother cheaper ones ones thru which i can get my work done.
pls anybody reply, i have my exam in two weeks.
thanks in anticipation.

yes for ipod

Hi all
I am not too familiar with the files you are talking about. What Goljan files and where do you get them? Thanks

medicinehopeful said:
Hi all
I am not too familiar with the files you are talking about. What Goljan files and where do you get them? Thanks

They can be downloaded illegally off of the internet.

OSUdoc08 said:
They can be downloaded illegally off of the internet.

OSU, your posts are generally helpful but do you really think (if you didn't attend OSU and receive Dr. Goljan's excellent teaching) that you wouldn't be one of the people looking for his material?

Not everyone can be so lucky to have a path prof like yours but many will go to any lengths necessary to learn from him.

-J

DOctorJay said:
OSU, your posts are generally helpful but do you really think (if you didn't attend OSU and receive Dr. Goljan's excellent teaching) that you wouldn't be one of the people looking for his material?

Not everyone can be so lucky to have a path prof like yours but many will go to any lengths necessary to learn from him.

-J

Nah, I think I'd probably just rely on his Rapid Review, and try for his Kaplan Class.