• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

HCA hospital pharmacist phone interview

hieun20

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
  1. Pharmacist
I have a phone interview for a graveyard clinical pharmacist position with an HCA owned hospital in Texas this Friday July 10. Does anyone have any phone interview tips with HCA? I am working in a hospital as pharmacist right now but still would like to be over prepared than underprepared. any insight would be appreciated!

hieun20

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
  1. Pharmacist
I got the job offer! I haven’t accepted yet though. My concern is going from an awesome system like Epic to an EMR like Meditech. I’ve never used meditech before but from research, it looks like it’s a total mess. Does anyone with any meditech experience working at an HCA hospital have any opinion on that?

Reactions: 3 users

Linite

Jan 18, 2020
  1. Pharmacist
You'll be fine. You have the EPIC knowledge tucked under your belt. Yes. Meditech is trash but it's pretty easy to learn because it's so ancient. You might not be able to do the flashy things that EPIC can do but it's not that hard. Chances are that the hospital might upgrade to epic anyway unless it's the one in Nashville.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
I got the job offer! I haven’t accepted yet though. My concern is going from an awesome system like Epic to an EMR like Meditech. I’ve never used meditech before but from research, it looks like it’s a total mess. Does anyone with any meditech experience working at an HCA hospital have any opinion on that?
whats the verdict? Did you accept? Hows the pay?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.