Health tech jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scharnhorst

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have had a couple of health tech Start ups approach me for employment in the last few months. I have no special qualifications apart from geriatrics , I’m a simple plain vanilla FP doctor
Not sure how to evaluate these offers , does anyone here have any experience or suggestions
 
Last edited:
I have had a couple of health tech Start ups approach me for employment in the last few months. I have no special qualifications apart from geriatrics , I’m a simple plain vanilla FP doctor
Not sure how to evaluation these offers , does anyone here have any experience or suggestions

This post (What are careers like going from academic heme/onc to pharma?) is very useful.

However, I would strongly recommend reading the whole thread (it’s very long but a great read), especially gbwillner’s posts, to get an idea of how spectacularly a healthcare startup can crash and burn (taking you down with it). He’s a pathologist, but the take home messages are the same.
 
Recommend talking to a physician contract lawyer to get a starting point on evaluating the contract. Sometimes these places just want the MD stamp of approval along with your name/reputation. Sometimes they just want a consultant. The physician I worked with in pharm was basically spelling out the side of the meds developed - such as 'what does pruritis mean,' what are acceptable side effects, what are not.