Healthcare Administration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

misia12003

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I've done a bunch of research on this but still am not sure about what I should really do.

I am a senior at UIC and am getting my B.A. in Biological Sciences. My major was Biology. I want to get into Healthcare Administration and eventually would like to get my Masters, but I don't really know where to go from here.

I've worked in Animal Hospitals for the last three years doing a variety of things from handling animals to handling clients and reception work.

I graduate in the Spring and I don't know what to do. Should I work for a year to gain experience? Will any jobs involving healthcare administration take me without a degree in that field? If no, should I get a certificate or something similar? Or, should I go straight for the masters program ( I am afraid they won't accept me since I have no experience).

HELP!! I know where I want to end up, I just don't really know how to get there. :scared: