Heard NOTHING from Stanford???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...and you're vegetarian, which is hip. i'd give you an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

VeggieGal said:
i am not hispanic, but am committed to working with the hispanic population in my future practice (as evidenced by my academics/volunteering/study abroad.) i hope that this counts for something with stanford. not all minorities will go back and work with the communities that they are from. i think schools should be looking for people who are committed to working with underserved populations regardless of their race.

You have a good point. I believe that Stanford looks into your level of committment, and your passion for serving ethnic minorities. Don't give up, just yet. I never did, and I got in!

Best,

Nothing for me in the mail today. I hope it's safe to say that I evaded last week's round of Stanford rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAstudent said:
Nothing for me in the mail today. I hope it's safe to say that I evaded last week's round of Stanford rejections.

I'm hoping the same is true for me. Being in Pittsburgh though my letter could still be out there. :laugh:

preetster said:
I'm hoping the same is true for me. Being in Pittsburgh though my letter could still be out there. :laugh:

Hahaha, well, with the time it takes for mail to get to my house, mine could still be out there, too! It took two to three weeks for things from schools in Wisconsin, New Orleans, and Philly to reach my house. :laugh:

UCLAstudent said:
Hahaha, well, with the time it takes for mail to get to my house, mine could still be out there, too! It took two to three weeks for things from schools in Wisconsin, New Orleans, and Philly to reach my house. :laugh:

I noticed that someone has posted a rejection from the 21st on the rejection thread and they're from Boston. Maybe there's hope for us both!

Good luck! :D

I think I'm going to go out now so that I'll stop checking my email every 2 minutes.... :cool:

Good luck to you, too! I've gotten past the compulsive mail-checking stage, myself. ;)

O' Stanford, why must thou make me wait so long! :(

Hi everyone.

Any new news from the Farm about invites?

Still waiting here for either a rejection or an interview.

Tra La La said:
Hi everyone.

Any new news from the Farm about invites?

Still waiting here for either a rejection or an interview.

Ditto.

*sigh*

Same here in D.C.; haven't heard squat.

For those who have been rejected (sorry to dredge up old wounds), did you also receive an email in addition to a letter? I'm starting to think, maybe/possibly, that my rejection letter got lost in the mail.

Who knows.

Sam

I am still waiting, too.

UCLAstudent said:
I am still waiting, too.

yup, here in baltimore and still waiting too... thinking more and more than maybe the mailman knew i had a rejection and didnt want to put it in my mailbox... :p guess patience is a virtue i'll have to work on for stanford!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how full Stanford's class is at this point? Have they given many acceptances?

I was shocked to wake up this morning to a Stanford invite! I have been complete since the end of August, so I was sure that I was in the rejection pile. In case anyone is wondering, the dates I can choose are for the week of the 14th, the week of the 21st, and the 28th (all of February).

Good luck everyone :luck:

Treg

I have heard nothing and have been complete since September.

Does Stanford email invites or send a letter?

I know Stanford e-mails invites. I would assume that they would send a letter as well.

I'm still waiting post-sec since September. My experience has been that I get very delayed rejections from top schools (3-4 months). They get me hoping, then just break my heart. But I'm not falling for it this time. :mad:

But it will be okay WHEN you get into UCLA, Dr. Chiquita! :D

Is Stanford sending rejections every week? If so...the letter is taking a LOOOONNNNG time to make its way over to Maryland...

seems like another round of rejections is in the mail.
i got my thin envelope today and i live pretty close to the Stanford campus. letter was postmarked Feb 2.

WTF, you know this is annoying, that they think they can just do everything late. A lot of us have other acceptances and would like to start making plans. They can't possibly think everyone's willing to wait on their slow asses...

getunconcsious said:
WTF, you know this is annoying, that they think they can just do everything late. A lot of us have other acceptances and would like to start making plans. They can't possibly think everyone's willing to wait on their slow asses...

For real.

They've really sucked this year.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Long_John said:
seems like another round of rejections is in the mail.
i got my thin envelope today and i live pretty close to the Stanford campus. letter was postmarked Feb 2.

Sorry for the hate, dude.

Mine's probably on its way.

Long_John said:
Is Stanford sending letters according to the alphabetical order of the last names of applicants because I still havent gotten a rejection letter and my last name starts with one of the last letters of the alphabet.

my last name is the 4th letter of the alphabet and i have heard nada since october 10...oh that fated day.

People, we've already established that it ain't by alphabetical order or by geographic location. No one knows the method of la Stanford. Let's all just sit tight and hold hands. I'd prefer to have getunconscious sit next to me. I'll hold hands with getunconscious any day.

i haven't heard anything yet either. i am at stanford so i check my mail twice a day now. :scared:
several of my friends have gotten rejection letters and their stats and are all way better than mine. so i guess mine is on the way too.

i was completely on Nov 22... kinda late. did anyone else who completed late get any sort of news yet?

It is almost my 5-month no-news anniversary at Stanford! I'm surprised that the relationship has lasted this long. I haven't been monogamous. I've been flirting with the UCs! I'm sure I'd be dumped by Stanford if this info were to surface. :laugh:

not sure if this info means anything, but anyways

according to their status page, my secondary was received 9/22, my letters 10/5, i was emailed an invite to interview on 1/3, which took place on 2/1. I live in la, last name starts with a y, im not a minority, and i find out at the end of february with a phone call if i get in.

ardemus said:
i haven't heard anything yet either. i am at stanford so i check my mail twice a day now. :scared:
several of my friends have gotten rejection letters and their stats and are all way better than mine. so i guess mine is on the way too.

i was completely on Nov 22... kinda late. did anyone else who completed late get any sort of news yet?

hey; i was complete on dec. 1 at like 11:45pm, and I got an invite at the end of jan and scheduled for the 2nd wk of feb. thanks to my late application ive been getting rejected most other places so im thankful they started their screening late. That said, it's obvious they dont use time of completion for interview offers so sit tight; Good luck!

GuyLaroche said:
People, we've already established that it ain't by alphabetical order or by geographic location. No one knows the method of la Stanford. Let's all just sit tight and hold hands. I'd prefer to have getunconscious sit next to me. I'll hold hands with getunconscious any day.

;) ;)

Aww...somebody likes me! Guess I can't be depressed about the fact that no one on SDN likes me. I'll need something else to be depressed about. Any suggestions?

On a side note, anyone else thinking about withdrawing? I'm sick of waiting for this crap.