Hearing back from PDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys- has anyone been hearing back from PDs after their interviews? If you have received something, could you say if it was by email vs. letter, and if it was a reply vs. unsolicited. In 2007, there was a nice post that listed all the places people were hearing back from, it'd be cool if we could do it this year. Here's the post: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=362069&highlight=love+letters

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Duke - letter, unsolicited
Northwestern- email response to my email
UT-Houston: email response to my email
WashU- email response to my email

I compiled what we have so far, people can just quote from now on...
PS- this is just a thread for those that are curious to contribute to- I really don't want to debate the merits of love letters from PDs, a debate which has doomed previous such threads.

Drexel - handwritten note from PD
WashU- email response to my email

Re: Wash U emails. I was just wondering what people are writing in these? Dr. Char specifically mentioned that he does not want thank you notes, so I guess I'm a little confused now. Are you all re-iterating how much you liked the program (as it is indeed a great program) or sending him updates on your applications or something else that I can't even guess?

Re: Wash U emails. I was just wondering what people are writing in these? Dr. Char specifically mentioned that he does not want thank you notes, so I guess I'm a little confused now. Are you all re-iterating how much you liked the program (as it is indeed a great program) or sending him updates on your applications or something else that I can't even guess?

My bad- I went back through my emails to double check, and it wasn't WashU. I remember too that the PD said at the end of the day they don't care and prefer no thank you cards.

Drexel - handwritten note from PD

no thank you letters for Maine Med per their request....

Any new love letters/post-interview contact from programs?

Any new love letters/post-interview contact from programs?

Letters from MUSC and Scott & White.. mostly a general letter, with a handwritten message squeezed in the corner.