TheRealBaller06

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Should I load up a full semester my junior or senior year? 14 credits junior year and 18 senior year each semester or what do you think? MCAT will be taken after junior year in the summer

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Should I load up a full semester my junior or senior year? 14 credits junior year and 18 senior year each semester or what do you think? MCAT will be taken after junior year in the summer
Why? schools wont care

eteshoe

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Tethys, Saturn
Status
MD/PhD Student
Don't take a heavy course load when studying for the MCAT

eteshoe

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Tethys, Saturn
Status
MD/PhD Student
I plan on studying after winter semester is over in May. Is that what you mean?
I assumed you meant you were taking a June or July MCAT. If you plan on doing all your studying and taking the MCAT at the end of the summer (not sure if you're going for a gap yr), then it doesn't really matter which semester is heavy. If you plan on applying the summer after jr yr, then my original advice stands (assuming you plan on studying during the winter semester and taking the MCAT May or June).

OP
T

TheRealBaller06

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I assumed you meant you were taking a June or July MCAT. If you plan on doing all your studying and taking the MCAT at the end of the summer (not sure if you're going for a gap yr), then it doesn't really matter which semester is heavy. If you plan on applying the summer after jr yr, then my original advice stands (assuming you plan on studying during the winter semester and taking the MCAT May or June).
I plan on applying in July and studying for mcat may/june