Heavy course load semester?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fan2342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I load up a full semester my junior or senior year? 14 credits junior year and 18 senior year each semester or what do you think? MCAT will be taken after junior year in the summer

Members don't see this ad.

Why? schools wont care
Because I have to do it one of the years so I'm asking which one will make it easier for me or better. Junior year im taking orgo anatomy and genetics

Don't take a heavy course load when studying for the MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on studying after winter semester is over in May. Is that what you mean?

I assumed you meant you were taking a June or July MCAT. If you plan on doing all your studying and taking the MCAT at the end of the summer (not sure if you're going for a gap yr), then it doesn't really matter which semester is heavy. If you plan on applying the summer after jr yr, then my original advice stands (assuming you plan on studying during the winter semester and taking the MCAT May or June).

I assumed you meant you were taking a June or July MCAT. If you plan on doing all your studying and taking the MCAT at the end of the summer (not sure if you're going for a gap yr), then it doesn't really matter which semester is heavy. If you plan on applying the summer after jr yr, then my original advice stands (assuming you plan on studying during the winter semester and taking the MCAT May or June).
I plan on applying in July and studying for mcat may/june