Hello

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monica D

Reaction score
Its Monica here. I am a pre-med major studying for the MCAT, which I plan to take in August. I am trying to compile a list of possible med schools which foster a good quality of life, and answer that "why med school" essay prompt. I am debating whether I should say why I want to be doctor or go to med school. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Its Monica here. I am a pre-med major studying for the MCAT, which I plan to take in August. I am trying to compile a list of possible med schools which foster a good quality of life, and answer that "why med school" essay prompt. I am debating whether I should say why I want to be doctor or go to med school. Any thoughts?
We will be better equipped to answer your query after your MCAT score comes back!
You can post in the WAMC forum and we can help you identify the places you might get an interview.
After that, you can start looking into the ones that have your preferred characteristics.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
foster a good quality of life
Lucky for you, most medical schools have student wellness offices or programs.

I am debating whether I should say why I want to be doctor or go to med school. Any thoughts?
You eventually will need answers to both questions.

Reactions: 1 users
If you're talking about the personal statement and school list, its best that you prioritize your mcat first. After you get your MCAT score, you can start making a school list. Your personal statement you do not want to cater to a specific medical school. It also answers the question that why you want to become a doctor. Your secondaries are tailored to the specific medical school.

There is only one correct answer to why anyone should want to go to medical school and that is that one wants to become a physician.
There are many reasons why one might want to become a physician and that should be the topic of the personal statement.

The secondary is the place to describe why that particular scghool is a good fit for you.

If having a list of schools and their MCAT range will be a motivation for you, go for it and create a list of local schools and dream schools. Take a look at the MSAR. Assume that all schools are prioritizing wellness and balance for students given that student mental health has been center stage for a few years now and schools are actively working to help students achieve a good work/life balance.

Reactions: 3 users