hello

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'vee beeen trying to figuree out thee meeaning of your namee for thee last threee minutees. Somee heelp?

Come.
Let us go.

LOL Idiot!

Members don't see this ad.

TS, from your thread title I was expecting:

Hello-Lionel-Richie.jpg

and was surprised to find otherwise. Carry on.

i know right! lol! do u like helping kids or adults?

Wow! This is one of the dumbest questions I have encountered on SDN! LOL First of all I am amazed that an organism like you is considering medical school. Secondly, I giggled at the fact that you consider 50 old. Do you realize that you are getting older as you read this comment? We all are!!! A physician is supposed to be a healer. S/he should not pick and choose who they are going to treat. Ageism is a form of discrimination. Just is case you didn't know. I hope that the 60 yo med school interviewer figures this out while interviewing you, if you so lucky to get to that point.

meh.ro4659.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! This is one of the dumbest questions I have encountered on SDN! LOL First of all I am amazed that an organism like you is considering medical school. Secondly, I giggled at the fact that you consider 50 old. Do you realize that you are getting older as you read this comment? We all are!!! A physician is supposed to be a healer. S/he should not pick and choose who they are going to treat. Ageism is a form of discrimination. Just is case you didn't know. I hope that the 60 yo med school interviewer figures this out while interviewing you, if you so lucky to get to that point.

Fail troll fails

back on topic, adolescent psych and pediatrics are the only specialties i can think of.
honestly old people are actually alot easier to deal with then younger people, and alot less likely to sue for medical malpractice ;)

whats a good specialty that doesnt deal a lot with older ppl, but is not pediatrics? lets say 50+ is old.

So, I'll keep my commentary to 50 being old to myself...but it's at least honest to identify a patient population you'd rather not work with.

Well, peds is going to still be your best bet, and as someone pointed out there are many subspecialty options within peds if general pediatrics isn't your thing.

Otherwise, some people focus on adolescent medicine (if it's just little kids you don't like) and come to that from peds, family medicine, or IM (the latter two will require 3 years of exposure to "older ppl"). The job prospects are smaller than other specialties, but do exist (e.g. big academic centers with enough of a patient population to allow you to restrict to that age group, or working in university health services). Ob/gyn would work if you restricted your practice to obstetrics (or the subspecialty of maternal-fetal medicine). There's also pathology or radiology, where you don't have much or any direct patient contact.

Realistically, as you go through third year of med school you'll figure it out. Most people who *don't* enjoy peds don't like it because they hate treating children (myself included...I love kids, but hate being their doctor)....so you'll probably enjoy it. If you don't pick peds, it will be because you came across another specialty you liked better..."old people" and all. ;)

i know right! lol! do u like helping kids or adults?

I like helping all of God's children.

Seriously, though, I'd have to lean towards adults, but that's mostly 'cause I haven't quite perfected my ability to communicate with kids.

If I was trolling I would have classified myself as an Attending and not a premed. ;) As far as the spelling of my username, if you can't figure that one out, I don't know what to say.

:laugh: weak.
Tb has the right to choose which field he would like to enter, regardless of the reason.

I-stabbed-her-and-watched-her-bleed-to-death.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

Seriously, though. I second the adolescent focused specialties. I also do not particularly like the elderly sect, but I don't really fancy working with anyone over 21 really so peds is where it's at for me!

TS, you have the option of specializing within pediatrics, so you're not limited in the least.
Pediatric - Oncology/Cardiology/etc. So whatever IM field is available, you can specialize only in kids. :thumbup: