Help a newbie

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by wandernkind, Jun 17, 2008.

1. wandernkind

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello everyone! I am not applying until next year but I thought I would play the "What are my chances" game and see if anyone saw any week spots I was missing (other than GPA). So here it goes.

Cum GPA: 3.48
    Science GPA: 3.65

Mcat: 11, 9, 11 P

I have one year clinical research in emergency medicine (no publications 400 hours) with a LOR for the Faculty sponsor at the teaching hospital. I've watched 100's of ER exams and procedures though being a researcher. I have 6 months behavioral lab research (non-medical and no publication 100 hours) and a LOR from the chief investigator. I have two years experience as a Sexual Assault Advocate, where I provided in-person(at the hospital or police office) and over the phone advocacy to survivors and family members (2000+ hours). 18 months of that was in a supervisor role where I supported the volunteers who were on the crisis line. I served as the vice president of the board of directors of a youth and family organization for one year after graduating from high school one year early. I don't work currently but I volunteer 30+ hours a week. My science LOR are. . . mediocre and still waiting to ask faculty for the last one. I will have a composite letter from my pre-med committee and expect to have at least all votes as "recommended". Please let me know what you think!! :luck:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mobius1985

Fellow [Any Field]
    Your numbers are good (I think the higher science GPA voids the slightly low AOGPA). Your ECs are great and will make you stand out. Provided you apply to a good mix of schools, interview well, and have a positive committee letter, I think you are good to go.