Help and Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IntiMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, Ive been reading this forum for quite some time, and now I hate to be the one posting the sad story and begging for someone elses opinions, but here I go.

Im a FMG interested in residency training in OBGYN. Got a 213/88 in the step 1 and a 208/85 in the CK, did 2 observerships and got 2 letters of recommendation from 2 important OBGs in the US. Now the sad part: I just found out that I failed the CS, i never expected that to happen. So in my despair I just took the CS again but the results wont be reported till the second week of december. I still have 2 more observerships scheduled for november and december, but now Im not sure if I should go do the observershis and certainly I have no Idea if it wouldbe wise to apply this year.

I guess that if I go on and apply now, the programs will see that I failed the CS and wont get any interviews, and if I wait to have the second CS result in december, most programs will be already closed.

So, what do you think, what would you do if you were in my position. Thanx for any help or opinion.

IntiMD

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
why can't you release only step 1 and elect to hold step 2 and ck for the time being. once you get your cs results back then you can release step 2 and cs. does anyone else have any ideas?

I agree with Nykka3 - just hold back your scores until you've retaken CS. Your Step I is respectable, you shouldn't have a problem with that score. what did you use for CS? I've heard First Aid is good - take a week and go through it.

Good luck!