Help!! Assaulted my postman today; Conviction a certainty. (do I report to schools?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA!

I just about felt like it though... Today, a "sub" mailman covered for my main-man's route... When I saw him, my WTF-O-Meter was going through the roof... I mean, what he was doin', speeding off like that, only leaving me a GD Time magazine and some crappy mass-mailed coupon rag? :smuggrin:

Just wanted to know if anyone had any funny (funnier?) stories to share about their newfound relationships with their mail-delivery service...

[if you can't tell, i'm expecting a letter from UT, my state school, sometime very, very soon]

Members don't see this ad.

lo-fing-l
the title of this thread is awesome.

my mailman sincerely hates me. we have those big mailboxes where they use a key to open the whole thing and then slide the mail into individualized slits. one time i tried to reach in to my box while it was open (and he was still putting mail in there) and he goes "whoa whoa whoa buddy, you can't do that, you need a key". so i take my key out, and open my box but its slanted at an angle so all the mail falls all over the place and he just looks at me like i'm an idiot. i told him "yes, i really am an idiot". moral of the story- there was nothing there, and about a week later the same thing happened, i got home while he was putting mail in the boxes and he gave me a look kinda like "lets avoid another fiasco" so i went into my room, went back out an hour later and had my first invite. good times.
-mota

Goose-d said:
[if you can't tell, i'm expecting a letter from UT, my state school, sometime very, very soon]

Wow, I'll be gettin my mailman beatdown on sometime next week myself. Inteviewed there on Monday. Next committee meets not this Friday, but next Friday, 16th. I'm hopin for a nice little Christmas present this year in the form of a white letter with the words "Congratulations!!! You have been extended an offer of admission to UT..." or something to the that effect. Come on Santa... I've been really good this year :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Goose-d said:
HAHAHA!

I just about felt like it though... Today, a "sub" mailman covered for my main-man's route... When I saw him, my WTF-O-Meter was going through the roof... I mean, what he was doin', speeding off like that, only leaving me a GD Time magazine and some crappy mass-mailed coupon rag? :smuggrin:

Just wanted to know if anyone had any funny (funnier?) stories to share about their newfound relationships with their mail-delivery service...

Goose-d,
I feel your pain! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear from UT Memphis, too.

Goose-d said:
HAHAHA!

Goose-d,

I deeply appreciate your use of the phrase "WTF-O-Meter."

That was awesome.

Goose-d said:
HAHAHA!

I thought you already knew where you were going?

Frickin tears are running down my face Goose-d!!

Well, ever since I had a torrid affair with my mailman he's been kindof awkward around my house. Mostly circulars and promotions for Capital One cards. he won't even look me in the eye. I feel so ashamed.

MoosePilot said:
I thought you already knew where you were going?

$$$.

if it wasn't an issue (as in i have none), i'd be at TU next fall. but it is, so i'm seeing what happens. there are also, those few bastard reach schools that i probably couldn't ignore if i got in [not that i will]

Goose-d said:
$$$.

if it wasn't an issue (as in i have none), i'd be at TU next fall. but it is, so i'm seeing what happens. there are also, those few bastard reach schools that i probably couldn't ignore if i got in [not that i will]

Have you looked into HPSP? I wouldn't recommend it, but it's there.

I have heard loans are pretty much automatic for med school. Go where you want. I understand about reach schools, too. I've got a no kidding favorite, but if I got into one of the reach schools I threw on my app, I'd be a little confused and *might* have to rethink things.

MoosePilot said:
Have you looked into HPSP? I wouldn't recommend it, but it's there.

I have heard loans are pretty much automatic for med school. Go where you want. I understand about reach schools, too. I've got a no kidding favorite, but if I got into one of the reach schools I threw on my app, I'd be a little confused and *might* have to rethink things.

yeah-- hpsp's probably not for me... i've heard nightmares about the residency application process (2nd hand, though)... plus, that would make my dad way too happy (army family)

also, i'm thinking i'll be interested in ortho trauma (who the hell really knows at this stage though) and UTmem has the 3rd busiest trauma (penetrating) in the nation (was told this on my interview)... combine that with the fact that its associated with the campbell clinic, the cheap tuition, and its pretty damn impressive (alot more than i thought before my interview at least)...

we'll see though.

Ok, so I don't have much to offer except to say that I've never laughed at anything on this site like I laughed at this thread. Good work.

Oddly, I've lived in the same apartment for three years now, and I have never once met, or even seen my mailman.

WhatUpDoc! said:
Wow, I'll be gettin my mailman beatdown on sometime next week myself. Inteviewed there on Monday. Next committee meets not this Friday, but next Friday, 16th. I'm hopin for a nice little Christmas present this year in the form of a white letter with the words "Congratulations!!! You have been extended an offer of admission to UT..." or something to the that effect. Come on Santa... I've been really good this year :D

Same here, sort of...interviewed during week of Thanksgiving, was told that there was a slim chance of NOT being reviewed on Dec. 2 (if not, I wouldn't be reviewed until Dec. 16). I've barely survived the wait so far...don't think I can handle another two weeks!!!

Goose-d said:
yeah-- hpsp's probably not for me... i've heard nightmares about the residency application process (2nd hand, though)... plus, that would make my dad way too happy (army family)

also, i'm thinking i'll be interested in ortho trauma (who the hell really knows at this stage though) and UTmem has the 3rd busiest trauma (penetrating) in the nation (was told this on my interview)... combine that with the fact that its associated with the campbell clinic, the cheap tuition, and its pretty damn impressive (alot more than i thought before my interview at least)...

we'll see though.

I hear UT and think Texas. Apparently you mean Tennessee?

MoosePilot said:
I hear UT and think Texas. Apparently you mean Tennessee?

my bad. yeah-- UT-Memphis is the UT in my little world.

Ya so I have this daily dance with the mailman. Before I started this process mail magically was in my mailbox at 11 am sharp. The minute my AMCAS got verified, each day mail delivery advanced by about 10 min. Now I receive it anytime between 12 pm and 4pm? Whaaaaa?

My neighbors think I am psychotic because I keep checking that box every 15 min. I need help.... Almost as bad as my incessant emailbox checking...

I just want a happy, ecstatic end to this madness....