help - ca bop customer complaint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

octobus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A patient filed a complaint on me saying that his there was 2 different medications in his rx bottle. I honestly think it is not my mistake but patient probably mixed them up himself. Both meds are filled by the machine and controlled inventory count was spot on.

Anyhow, I sent bop my statement defending myself and bop is now asking if I'm currently affiliated with any pharmacy as I said I'm out of country (had to explain why the inspector was not able to get a hold of me).

Whether or not I'm affiliated with a pharmacy - is it going to affect my case? why would the inspector ask that? also do I obligated to answer the question?

Members don't see this ad.

most likely they'll lecture u in an informal letter, and they tell u this incident won't be on record. i had the same issue with drug abuse lady claiming i miscount her drug of abuse.

Reactions: 1 users
most likely they'll lecture u in an informal letter, and they tell u this incident won't be on record. i had the same issue with drug abuse lady claiming i miscount her drug of abuse.

Let them ask you questions. You already sent a statement defending yourself. Did they ask you to provide a statement, though? You could have used video to support your argument, witnesses, etc.

Try to enjoy your time off wherever you are and deal with this when you get back. I wouldn't be too worried. You should have several resources available to you to support your claim; including the patient's fill history which likely reflects a pattern of abuse. SOOOOOOOOOOO...

Members don't see this ad :)
That's interesting that customers are motivated enough to file these complaints and that the BOP even has resources to follow up with this Mickey Mouse stuff. I've worked in CA for ~2 years. Maybe I'm just lucky

Reactions: 1 user
Let them ask you questions. You already sent a statement defending yourself. Did they ask you to provide a statement, though? You could have used video to support your argument, witnesses, etc.

Try to enjoy your time off wherever you are and deal with this when you get back. I wouldn't be too worried. You should have several resources available to you to support your claim; including the patient's fill history which likely reflects a pattern of abuse. SOOOOOOOOOOO...

Yes, I sent the statement already because the letter I got said my response is requested to be received by such and such date. Although... on a second thought, as I'm writing this, that means I didn't have to send it........right? darn it. The stress is killing me.

If you work for a chain, you should have contacted your PDM first. The company lawyer will definitely want to read your statement before you send anything to the board.

You'll be fine. The worst case is they'll keep this on your record for 3 years, but your license will still be shown as "clear" when doing a search.

Stupid customers are really out of your control aside from just not working retail. I've even had a similar situation where someone claimed someone the pharmacy mixed MTX and folic acid. This was like the first week I worked at my new store. Guess what genius; they were filled 3 weeks apart. I told them to take a hike ("there is no evidence to indicate we mixed your tablets; if you are not comfortable with our service please go to Rite Aid" blah blah blah)

If someone complained that you refused to wipe their ass I'm sure CA BOP would look into it.

Definitely second letting your boss know before doing anything else

Yes, I sent the statement already because the letter I got said my response is requested to be received by such and such date. Although... on a second thought, as I'm writing this, that means I didn't have to send it........right? darn it. The stress is killing me.

Right. They asked you for a sip of water and you reached for a sledge hammer and knocked down a fire hydrant. Slow down.

I think most state boards are required to look into all complaints, even complaints obviously without merit. Just because they look into a complaint doesn't mean they will take any action.

Customer complains, board will send a letter, you send a letter, someone marks complete, done. Board can say with a straight face say they follow up on complaints.

They'll continue to pursue actual issues...like pill mills.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app