HELP can i do medicin with no biology background

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafui

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to know if it is possible to gain admission into any med school with a bachelors degree in psychology,if one has no biological science background except for core general science courses I took as part of my psychology programe. I hope someone can be of help... thanks

Members don't see this ad.

kafui said:
I need to know if it is possible to gain admission into any med school with a bachelors degree in psychology,if one has no biological science background except for core general science courses I took as part of my psychology programe. I hope someone can be of help... thanks

I met a pediatrician at the gym once, she also has a phd in immunology (got it before going to med school). When I asked her what she'd have done differently she said " I should have majored in something like Psychology in college. It would have been a whole lot more helpful to me than my immunology doctorate has been."

It doesn't matter what you major in, but there are a few pre-requisite courses that you have to take in order to get admission (depending on which country you applying in).

Australia has no prereqs. You can take their entrance exam for grad entry, the GAMSAT -- it's an aptitude test, unlike the MCAT. About 1/3 of my class (Queensland) has no science background.

-pitman

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys you;ve been of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.