Help...clinical experience enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crash88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if you quit doing it after high school, don't include it on your list. natter on about it in your ps/interviews.

why'd you only work for 3 mos?

if you quit doing it after high school, don't include it on your list. natter on about it in your ps/interviews.

why'd you only work for 3 mos?

I did the volunteering a bit during the summer after high school so I wrote 2004-2006 (which were the years)
and, yes I talked about the high school experience in my ps

The other shadowing experience during high school was not after high school but I thought it was neat that I not only shadowed but also completed a patient-interview project to help redesign the layout of the hospital-- anyway since I did some shadowing in college, is it alright that I grouped the 2 shadowing experiences together?
I also grouped them with volunteering to prevent myself from getting too thinned out on activities

I could only work for 3 months since it was an internship far away from my school- Can't really do it during school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd divide it out to
1- shadowing, all of it
2- the HS project
3- the anes tech

I like the word natter. IDK. :)

I'd divide it out to
1- shadowing, all of it
2- the HS project
3- the anes tech

I like the word natter. IDK. :)

awesome thanks for the feedback!
so do you think is this is enough clinical experience? I've done a lot and talked about it in my PS, I just don't know how much of it "counts" :)
I mean my stats are pretty good (4.0,42S) and I've got a ton of research and other neat non-clinical volunteering in collegel
I just want to know if schools will reject me based on too little clinical work since I understand how important it is

oh and I think I'm gonna start using natter :)

I would look into adding a little bit more of clinicals in your undergrad years, yeah.

Even just being the cookie person at a blood drive or something, y'know? Something non-procedural.

awesome thanks for the feedback!
so do you think is this is enough clinical experience? I've done a lot and talked about it in my PS, I just don't know how much of it "counts" :)
I mean my stats are pretty good (4.0,42S) and I've got a ton of research and other neat non-clinical volunteering in high school
I just want to know if schools will reject me based on too little clinical work since I understand how important it is

oh and I think I'm gonna start using natter :)

It probably would have looked nicer if you had something a little more consistent over time, but that's still a lot of hours in a concentrated amount of time.

I have a feeling that you're going to do A-OK :thumbup:

I would look into adding a little bit more of clinicals in your undergrad years, yeah.

Even just being the cookie person at a blood drive or something, y'know? Something non-procedural.

haha I actually did that :)
but it was included in my smattering of nonclinical volunteering :p