adeline

idk my bff ***?
Jul 24, 2009
Status
if you quit doing it after high school, don't include it on your list. natter on about it in your ps/interviews.

why'd you only work for 3 mos?

Crash88

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
if you quit doing it after high school, don't include it on your list. natter on about it in your ps/interviews.

why'd you only work for 3 mos?

I did the volunteering a bit during the summer after high school so I wrote 2004-2006 (which were the years)
and, yes I talked about the high school experience in my ps

The other shadowing experience during high school was not after high school but I thought it was neat that I not only shadowed but also completed a patient-interview project to help redesign the layout of the hospital-- anyway since I did some shadowing in college, is it alright that I grouped the 2 shadowing experiences together?
I also grouped them with volunteering to prevent myself from getting too thinned out on activities

I could only work for 3 months since it was an internship far away from my school- Can't really do it during school :)

About the Ads

adeline

idk my bff ***?
Jul 24, 2009
Status
I'd divide it out to
1- shadowing, all of it
2- the HS project
3- the anes tech

I like the word natter. IDK. :)

Crash88

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I'd divide it out to
1- shadowing, all of it
2- the HS project
3- the anes tech

I like the word natter. IDK. :)

awesome thanks for the feedback!
so do you think is this is enough clinical experience? I've done a lot and talked about it in my PS, I just don't know how much of it "counts" :)
I mean my stats are pretty good (4.0,42S) and I've got a ton of research and other neat non-clinical volunteering in collegel
I just want to know if schools will reject me based on too little clinical work since I understand how important it is

oh and I think I'm gonna start using natter :)

adeline

idk my bff ***?
Jul 24, 2009
Status
I would look into adding a little bit more of clinicals in your undergrad years, yeah.

Even just being the cookie person at a blood drive or something, y'know? Something non-procedural.

plsletmein

im on bended knees
May 6, 2009
Status
awesome thanks for the feedback!
so do you think is this is enough clinical experience? I've done a lot and talked about it in my PS, I just don't know how much of it "counts" :)
I mean my stats are pretty good (4.0,42S) and I've got a ton of research and other neat non-clinical volunteering in high school
I just want to know if schools will reject me based on too little clinical work since I understand how important it is

oh and I think I'm gonna start using natter :)

It probably would have looked nicer if you had something a little more consistent over time, but that's still a lot of hours in a concentrated amount of time.

I have a feeling that you're going to do A-OK :thumbup:

Crash88

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I would look into adding a little bit more of clinicals in your undergrad years, yeah.

Even just being the cookie person at a blood drive or something, y'know? Something non-procedural.

haha I actually did that :)
but it was included in my smattering of nonclinical volunteering :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads