Help compiling application list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PreMedStacy

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN,
Need help compiling a realistic list of MD schools to apply to this cycle. By the way, Oregon is my residential state.

A little bit about me: I graduated from high school in 2010 with a 3.85 GPA. Got an associates in science in 2012 and spent another year wrapping up pre-med classes. After June 2013 I took some time off to decide if I was going to pursue medicine or nursing. That summer I obtained training for basic nursing assistant, and started to work at my local Hospital by December.

I transferred this last fall with Junior standing and declared at Chemistry major (Biochem track) to a private liberal arts university. My overall GPA at community college was 3.49. At private university, I currently hold a 2.663. I continued to work full time weekend nights fall semester but I cut down to part time (2 weekend nights) for spring semester.

I just got my MCAT scores back and they are: 122 Chemical/Physical, 120 Critical Analysis, 122 Biochem, 123 Social Sciences = 487 total.

This summer I will do research at OHSU in their Primate Research Center studying HIV antibodies.

In the past I have volunteered 600+ hours at Hospital.

However, I have 3,000+ hours of patient care as a CNA.

I'm interested in family medicine and hope to serve underrepresented Spanish speaking communities.