Help!!!....confused Canuck !!! Eeehhyy

Started by CanuckRx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CanuckRx

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay ppl here's my dilemma.....I am in the 11th grade and planing to get a Pharm.D degree(6 yrs) in the states(when i graduate and go to college ) but since iam not a resident of the US ( or a citizen for that matter) i need help in figuring out which schools are not "discriminatory" towards helpless lads like me!
or maybe i should run the boarder, since its what most immigrants to the US do this days 😀
Any help highly appreciated.
 
Private schools wouldn't care I think as long as you have the grades and money. But I am NOT sure, so correct me anyone if I am wrong.

One thing is for sure, those 6 year programs for high school seniors such as USC's TAP program and UOP's 6,7,8 year plan are highly competitive! and you need amazing grades/SAT score/ extracurricular to get in. I know for USC, you have to get accepted into the school, get and interview, and if excepted take a math and writing test and pass, if not then you're out of luck.

Good luck to u.
 
Thanks for the quick reply. 👍 Well i was not aiming that high ....just Duquesne, St.johns....you know some B list school.

ps.is Ohio Northern a really accrediated Pharm. school 🙄
No offence meant to all those who attend this institution. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CanuckRx said:
Okay ppl here's my dilemma.....I am in the 11th grade and planing to get a Pharm.D degree(6 yrs) in the states(when i graduate and go to college ) but since iam not a resident of the US ( or a citizen for that matter) i need help in figuring out which schools are not "discriminatory" towards helpless lads like me!
or maybe i should run the boarder, since its what most immigrants to the US do this days 😀
Any help highly appreciated.


My mom went to NDSU (North Dakota State University) for pharmacy school and she said that there were 3-4 Canadians in her class...Granted, this was in 1990...
 
Thanks for the link Norverge.....i checked the website for NDSU and i really liked what i saw .....🙂 I am a lil bit weary of the city (Fargo) and if i can stand the loneliness but i guess we have to make sacrifices as we go along life.
By the way is your Mum practising in Canada? just curious 🙂
 
I would suggest simply attending a university in canada for a couple years, and then applying to PharmD in the US and B.Sc.Pharm. in Canada. I'm sure even if u end up in the states eventually, it will cost you ALOT less $$$ in the end.

The only advantage to your current plan, as I see it, is that you won't be worrying and stressing as much if you are already in your profession degree program.
 
jefguth said:
I would suggest simply attending a university in canada for a couple years, and then applying to PharmD in the US and B.Sc.Pharm. in Canada. I'm sure even if u end up in the states eventually, it will cost you ALOT less $$$ in the end.

The only advantage to your current plan, as I see it, is that you won't be worrying and stressing as much if you are already in your profession degree program.


Well...part of the problem is i am trying to keep my options open...i mean if i don't get into these 6 yrs Pharm.....programs, then i can once and for all forget about being a Pharmacist ...i am try to get into some other school close to home and do something in the neighbourhood of Eng..who knows i might end up in Waterloo 😀 (my dad is an alumni) and make him proud 😉 .....i mean who can say no to making money while in school? :idea: long live the co-op 👍