Help deciding next step with 28S + 3.5 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlobalDoctora

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nevermind.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi y'all.
First time poster, long time lurker here. I would like to solicit some advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation or knows of someone who has. I took the 1/28/12 MCAT and did not do as well as I had hoped. I was averaging 31.1 I ended up getting a 28S (8,9,11). I did improve from my appalling first attempt of 22 (7,6, 9)

I am a urm with a 3.58 cgpa and 3.38 sgpa I majored MolGen. I really would like to give MD schools a shot but I am not sure how I can beef up the numerical part of my application. My extracurricular activites and the letters of recommendation I am getting will be superb :) so I'm not worried about that. I am drafting my personal statement in the next week but its the gpa that killin me. I'm thinking of taking some upper level science courses but I'm not sure if this will change my gpa significantly enough to warrant spending my savings. I just need my foot in the door because I'm sure that once I sit down for an interview admission will see how bad I want this.

Thanks in advance. :):):)

What is your question?

Nevermind.

I think you should retake the MCAT after using gunner training or to study. I don't think you should spend more money on upper level science courses. PM me if you want a free trial for the MCAT version. My $0.02.