Help! Deciding on a pharmacy school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sereneamethyst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was fortunate enough to get acceptance from five schools. However, I am overwhelmed and confused. I am not sure. which school will be the best fit. If any of you go the one of the following schools or have any advice that would great! I am interested in knowing the honest pros and cons, as well as, your experiences at these schools.

1. Husson University - School of Pharmacy
2. FDU Medco School of Pharmacy
3. Northeast Ohio Medical University - College of Pharmacy
4. Shenandoah University - Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy · Notre Dame of Maryland University

Any feedback is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!

I was fortunate enough to get acceptance from five schools. However, I am overwhelmed and confused. I am not sure. which school will be the best fit. If any of you go the one of the following schools or have any advice that would great! I am interested in knowing the honest pros and cons, as well as, your experiences at these schools.

1. Husson University - School of Pharmacy
2. FDU Medco School of Pharmacy
3. Northeast Ohio Medical University - College of Pharmacy
4. Shenandoah University - Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy · Notre Dame of Maryland University

Any feedback is appreciated!!

Between Northeast Ohio and Shenandoah, OH vs. VA

go to the one that is accredited...

Members don't see this ad :)
ohio and shenandoah are the only accredited of the list.

Need to listen to this advice! Be weary of schools seeking, or promising students that they will become accredited. State boards of pharmacy and if you want a job in patient care, dispensing…act (pharmacist work) and not just research, go accredited! In fact, think back to why you applied to these schools. What made them stand out? Do they offer opportunities that others didn't? I went to the U of M b/c they are huge into pharmaceutical care, have research opportunities and the connections are extensive (ranked #3 in US). I based mine on what I thought I wanted out of the school. If I wanted research driven…U of WI…but decided patient care so…U of M. Savvy? Use that process and you won't go wrong! Also, did you tour the campuses? Living conditions is important..small town vs big city.

Is there not a deadline in pharmacy for students holding multiple deposits? I know dental has a deadline where you must choose to keep only one from then on so schools can move on with acceptances.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Is there not a deadline in pharmacy for students holding multiple deposits? I know dental has a deadline where you must choose to keep only one from then on so schools can move on with acceptances.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You can hold your deposit with multiple schools prior to the first day of class. You might torture many schools by not withdrawing in a timely manner though because they have to replace your seats before matriculation.

the accreditation point is not valid. If a school has received precandidate or candidate status, you are set. Candidate status denotes a developmental program that is expected to mature in accordance with stated plans by the time the first class has graduated. Granting of Candidate status brings rights and privileges of Full accreditation. A school can not obtain full accreditation until it graduates its first class. Many of the new schools offer great opportunities and I would not let that be a decision breaker. The schools have so much already invested. Does anyone really believe they will not reach candidate status? And it has NO effect on licensure. This is a scare tactic that some of the older accredited schools are using.

seriously sick of these threads. people who ask the most involved longest questions and expect the forums to do all the work and type their answers to them.

You're an adult, there are tools on the internet called google. Do your own research. get a job and buy tickets to each school. tour each school. call and ask each school about the campus, ask students of the school about campus life. go on their website. :thumbdown:

the accreditation point is not valid. If a school has received precandidate or candidate status, you are set. Candidate status denotes a developmental program that is expected to mature in accordance with stated plans by the time the first class has graduated. Granting of Candidate status brings rights and privileges of Full accreditation. A school can not obtain full accreditation until it graduates its first class. Many of the new schools offer great opportunities and I would not let that be a decision breaker. The schools have so much already invested. Does anyone really believe they will not reach candidate status? And it has NO effect on licensure. This is a scare tactic that some of the older accredited schools are using.

...says the person who clearly works for a school that has not yet received full accreditation.

Pancakes are cheaper and offer smaller bite sizes. attend pancakes

Yum, will do :thumbup:

haha, ridiculous but human behavior wants "assurance" when something isn't granted yet...

Wish you the best in your future endeavors :cool:

seriously sick of these threads. people who ask the most involved longest questions and expect the forums to do all the work and type their answers to them.

You're an adult, there are tools on the internet called google. Do your own research. get a job and buy tickets to each school. tour each school. call and ask each school about the campus, ask students of the school about campus life. go on their website. :thumbdown:

If you are so sick of these threads, don't respond to them.

Makes you sound jealous cause they have been accepted into pharmacy school and you are still awaiting acceptances. Be happy for other people. Your acceptances will come. Just don't make this person feel bad because they are torn between some schools.

Never heard of any of these schools..