Help Determining Classification of Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corakent22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just had a quick question regarding classes. So I took an Ecology and Evolutionary Biology class in college but the subject was Animal Behavior. I noticed that "Animal Science" is considered "other science" while "Ecology" and "Evolutionary Biology" is "biology." Does the LOR depend on the class title or the subject of the class? I'm hoping the EEB class counts as biology, instead of other science. Please let me know, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I just had a quick question regarding classes. So I took an Ecology and Evolutionary Biology class in college but the subject was Animal Behavior. I noticed that "Animal Science" is considered "other science" while "Ecology" and "Evolutionary Biology" is "biology." Does the LOR depend on the class title or the subject of the class? I'm hoping the EEB class counts as biology, instead of other science. Please let me know, thanks!
I classified them as biology courses and didn't have any issues! I also requested a science LOR from the lecturing professor of these courses (ecology and marine bio). I think it'll be fine. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_science
Do some research into animal science and take a look at universities that actually have "Animal Science" departments. I don't think what you had was quite an "animal science" course. AADSAS will make the final call though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a course called "Evolution in Action" but it was under Crop Sciences Department so entered it in as "Other science".

I was pleasantly surprised when AADSAS changed it to "Biology".. That being said, I had so many credits that it didn't really make any difference to my sGPA.