Help! Do I submit these grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

moops

So- I'm on a waitlist- my interviewer told me to do a number of things, and those included sending in my final grades. Well, I applied with a 3.64 GPA cumulative. My grades since my "low semesters" have been great... but this semester I have the following grades:

B
A
A
A-

The B is in a biology class. That's what I'm worried about- but my semester GPA is a 3.675 still... I know lots of people slack of second semester, so would submitting these grades still be a "positive" influence?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would send them in. A 3.75 is great for a semester and it also raises your cum GPA that you applied with. Sending them also shows you are still very interested in the school that your are waitlisted at, which to me would be a "positive" influence.

moops,

If you're joking, there is already a humorous thread for posts like this. It's called "affirmative action." If you're not joking, you ought to be. Those grades will not destroy you in the slightest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not saying the grades are bad- I was just hoping they wouldn't hurt my case of "improvement" which has been much stronger in past semesters (3.9-4.0) than this one. Plus this is for a waitlist at a top 10 school..

buddy you need to send those. if you send nothing, they will assume either that you are not that interested, or that your grades are much much worse.
fact is, they bring up your gpa, and a 3.75 is still really really good.

moops--

Med schools know that the admissions process can take a chunk out of your GPA even if you don't slack off, so I wouldn't worry about it. A friend got a B fall semester simply because her interview schedule required her to take more than the allowed number of lab absences--med schools know this happens.

Send your grades and any other news you have. Good luck. :)

Originally posted by VienneseWaltz
moops--

Med schools know that the admissions process can take a chunk out of your GPA even if you don't slack off, so I wouldn't worry about it. A friend got a B fall semester simply because her interview schedule required her to take more than the allowed number of lab absences--med schools know this happens.

Send your grades and any other news you have. Good luck. :)

Wrong! Applying to medical school is not an excuse to let the GPA slip. Take note 2004 applicants, don't believe everything you read.

Originally posted by alphabeta53
Wrong! Applying to medical school is not an excuse to let the GPA slip. Take note 2004 applicants, don't believe everything you read.

Read the post, genius. Med school applications can take a chunk out of your GPA *EVEN IF YOU DON'T SLACK OFF*. I didn't say it's OK to slack off--I said that the admissions process can have an effect on your GPA that is beyond your control, citing my friend as an example. She didn't slack off, she just missed labs. What exactly was she supposed to do? "Sorry, Stanford. I can't interview with you because I might lose participation points in my neurosci lab. Too bad! And Yale, I guess you're out of luck, too."

Seems like a no brainer. They asked for your final grades, so you should give it to them. They're going to get them eventually. Plus, I'm sure they realize that everyone slips a tiny bit during their last semester of senioritis.

Originally posted by moops
So- I'm on a waitlist- my interviewer told me to do a number of things, and those included sending in my final grades. Well, I applied with a 3.64 GPA cumulative. My grades since my "low semesters" have been great... but this semester I have the following grades:

B
A
A
A

The B is in a biology class. That's what I'm worried about- but my semester GPA is a 3.75 still... I know lots of people slack of second semester, so would submitting these grades still be a "positive" influence?

Thanks.

If the interviewer told you to send them in, send them in. It's not like the grades are bad either.:)