HELP! Fmr Business Student with PostBacc Premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FmrIUHoosier

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to this site, and already have applications in for the coming term (2009). I am feeling the pressure, as I have not been accepted anywhere yet. I completed a post bacc program this past year at a very good university. Before that I got an MBA and BS from a top 10 business school. I was hoping if people could tell me my chances if I apply early next year (the day AMCAS opens). I hope to be an Il resident by then

sGPA: 3.425, or 3.50 (if psych credits are allowed)
cGPA (Undergrad): 3.60
cGPA (Graduate): 3.69
MCAT: 30Q (10, 10, 10)

Btw...the lowest grade i got was a B- in Orgo 2, and it was the only B- I ever had. I feel that I applied too late as my secondarys all went in btw Oct and Late Nov. I currently work full time for a medical school doing infectious disease research. Ive had a few ECs including habitat for humanity, shadowing, and personal tutoring.

What do you think? (Also, I know psych is a social science, but do comittees count that toward the sGPA) Any suggestions on schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
nope.. psych (or any solcial science) doesnt count :( I wish it did too! I guess the question is where did you apply? Applying late prob did hurt you since your numbers are a little below the average accepted med student. If you dont want to raise the sGPA a lil over the next year by taking some classes, then just apply early and broadly (assuming you didnt do this this year). Make sure your PS is compelling and Im sure you'll get in somewhere!!! GOOD LUCK!

PS- our numbers are verrrry similar..so i hope you get in somewhere lol!

I think you'll find plenty of folks who have done the post-bacc/application path there who can lend you advice.

As a fellow post-bacc who applied late last cycle and on time this cycle I can tell you it makes a world of difference. :)

I also advise having some folks take a good look at your personal statement with you. (if possible, you should also make sure that all your LORs are strong). If you have to re-apply you've got plenty of time to make this element of your application really stand out.

:luck::luck: