help for endocrine physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peace zealot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i know there are a lot of threads relating to physiology.if this one is frustating for people i m sorry coz dont have much time to search the forum.now a days i am having sendup vivas (you might not be familiar with that) i am in problem at endocrine physiology.i need ideas to prepare it for exams.my professional examination is after one month and i have studied it from Guyton.also done a bit of BRS.
also need help for biochem how to improve which i have done from lipincot.metabolism of cho, proteins and fats are my major units this year.keeping in mind that i can not switch over to any other book at this stage please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of confused by your post - your question isn't quite clear. You're asking which textbook to use for endocrine physiology? And biochem?

You then state you can't switch books - are you looking for study tips?

ya i am asking for study tips......any tips to improve endocrine learning.i hv understood it but dont hv grip at that.want to be perfect.

Members don't see this ad :)
how to memorize endocrinology i think everybody has done it.is there nobody to rescue me from a mega disastor

There wasn't an easy way to memorize it (no tricks, if that's what you're asking for) - just reviewing it over and over again.

draw out the hormone feedback loops.

Yup, drawing diagrams help a lot. If you can draw it all out and also integrate one system with another (along with where it's produced, feedback, etc) then it's very likely you have a good grasp of what's going on.

are tables for endocrine useful?should i try them.....

Tables are doable but aren't as good simply because of the connections and interactions you need to make between organs and systems. Plus you will have to repeat a lot of words since some result in similar effects. It would be like someone asking for a map where you could either write it all out in words or use a picture.

are tables for endocrine useful?should i try them.....

You should start a thread for each individual topic ever covered in any course in medical school. That's the best use of your time.

...and Blade's, as apparently a surgical research rotation means putzing around on SDN all day.

You should start a thread for each individual topic ever covered in any course in medical school. That's the best use of your time.

...and Blade's, as apparently a surgical research rotation means putzing around on SDN all day.
well i think that if sdn is not to solve the queries that i encounter while studying then its a total waste of time if it bothers someone a lot then i am helplesssssssssss............:cool:

still thinking to ask a lot of questions and ofcourse each with a new thread.....:D.gonna bother you people a lot.....because my session is over and after a month i have prefessional exam(annual exam in MBBS)