Help for next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD student123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello follow Pre-dental student.

I need some help and extra opinion please.

I applied for 13 schools and so far nothing beside rejection (which I was expecting). I have a GPA of 3.4 and sGPA of 2.89, DAT science 17 and PAT 20, I have 350 hours of dental clinic volunteering and around 120 for dental clinic manager.

I have 4 science classes left that I can take and hopefully scour an A in them but beside that what can I do?

If I re-apply what do I need to do different?

Members don't see this ad.

It's still early to tell. Just because you don't have interviews now does not mean you won't get them later. Pre-December interviews are still being given, and you have a chance for post-December as well. It's only September, everyone :)

But aside from that, you may want to consider a retake for the DAT. I'm not sure what your AA is, but having a science of 17 won't make you competitive. Your overall GPA is alright, but like you said, as long as you get A's in those remaining science classes, you should raise your sGPA as well.

Good luck! I think patience is what we all need lol.

Hello follow Pre-dental student.

I need some help and extra opinion please.

I applied for 13 schools and so far nothing beside rejection (which I was expecting). I have a GPA of 3.4 and sGPA of 2.89, DAT science 17 and PAT 20, I have 350 hours of dental clinic volunteering and around 120 for dental clinic manager.

I have 4 science classes left that I can take and hopefully scour an A in them but beside that what can I do?

If I re-apply what do I need to do different?
Think the most obvious is retaking the dat.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's still early to tell. Just because you don't have interviews now does not mean you won't get them later. Pre-December interviews are still being given, and you have a chance for post-December as well. It's only September, everyone :)

But aside from that, you may want to consider a retake for the DAT. I'm not sure what your AA is, but having a science of 17 won't make you competitive. Your overall GPA is alright, but like you said, as long as you get A's in those remaining science classes, you should raise your sGPA as well.

Good luck! I think patience is what we all need lol.

the people with me all having interview and they have the same GPA just slightly higher DAT that what made me worry

Are the rejection notifications being given already?