Help, gpa/ major..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmg049

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm sorry I know this is posted a lot..
I am currently an animal science major with a minor in secondary edu at Sam Houston. I'm not sure I want to be a teacher but have always dreamed of being a vet. I stopped pursuing vet school after doing poorly my first year in college, thinking I could be a veg because of my low gpa. My accumulative gpa is a 3 with a 3.4 at Sam.
I'm expected to graduate in May of 18 with my degree and I'm just curious... is it too late?
Here are a few questions I'm looking for answers or advice...
- if I complete this degree then get a masters in biology or a science, could I get accepted into vet school with my undergrad minor not being pre-vet but education?

- I have almost no minor classes done so far. If I switch to pre-vet as my minor and do stellar in the minor and math (along with my gre) would there be a chance of acceptance with a lower gpa major and high minor gpa?

I'm honestly scared to start over and then fail... I think that's my biggest fear. I don't want to screw up again..
any advice would be wonderful. Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.