Help guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureCardio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my bachelor in biology but my GPA is not attractive. As I am more responsible now and know what I want in my life I'm thinkin grad school to help me look good when I apply for med school but I am also just thinking a 2nd degree in biochem so I can have some research experience and a sky-high GPA. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

What exactly do you mean by not attractive? Grad degrees don't usually help in the eyes of ADCOMs. And it does nothing to erase your uGPA. It's really hard to offer suggestions without knowing what your current cGPA and your sGPA are!

What exactly do you mean by not attractive? Grad degrees don't usually help in the eyes of ADCOMs. And it does nothing to erase your uGPA. It's really hard to offer suggestions without knowing what your current cGPA and your sGPA are!
My sGPA is a 2.6 cGPA a 2.4 so that's why I am leaning more towards 2nd degree to redo and make a better future

My sGPA is a 2.6 cGPA a 2.4 so that's why I am leaning more towards 2nd degree to redo and make a better future
MD schools will average all undergrad grades. DO schools will replace grades in classes retaken. You will break 3.2 more efficiently with grade replacement than a "second bachelor's."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users