Help Help Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespTherapist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody. I just graduated from Concorde Career College and i got my CRT (Certified Respiratory therapist) licensure. However, I want to become RRT(Registered Respiratory Therapist) not much difference expect the credential but my school charges 8000 dollars on top of 28000 dollars i paid for my associate degree. I have two questions. Is there any other way to become RRT without going to Concorde? and since the school is vocational school, my credits are not transferrable to any community college. Is there a way out of that situation as well?

Members don't see this ad.

hi everybody. I just graduated from Concorde Career College and i got my CRT (Certified Respiratory therapist) licensure. However, I want to become RRT(Registered Respiratory Therapist) not much difference expect the credential but my school charges 8000 dollars on top of 28000 dollars i paid for my associate degree. I have two questions. Is there any other way to become RRT without going to Concorde? and since the school is vocational school, my credits are not transferrable to any community college. Is there a way out of that situation as well?

I don't know if this is true in your state but in my area of the country (Virginia), if you work for a university hospital, they will pay for your tuition. It might take you a bit of time but you can upgrade as you work. There were several CRTTs who were able to upgrade to RRT by taking Californina College (online) and one who received his bachelors and all free because he was a full-time employee at the university hospital. See if hospitals in your area have tuition remission for education upgrades. It seems to be a great benefit.