Help help please help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalschool010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

so I'm planning to take DAT on July 22nd and I haven't touched DAT destroyer yet :(.....Do you guys do kaplan subject tests? are they helpful? I heard from many of you guys that you go over destroyer at least 2 times before the big day!!!!! I don't think I have time to do both..what do you guys suggest? should I reschedule? or just focus on the destroyer and do achiever and topscore at the end?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,

so I'm planning to take DAT on July 22nd and I haven't touched DAT destroyer yet :(.....Do you guys do kaplan subject tests? are they helpful? I heard from many of you guys that you go over destroyer at least 2 times before the big day!!!!! I don't think I have time to do both..what do you guys suggest? should I reschedule? or just focus on the destroyer and do achiever and topscore at the end?

you have almost a month until the DAT, you should be able to finish the destroyer two times as well as the kaplan subject tests.

what is the problem?!

hey guys,

start studying like 12 hours a day. After 5 days, you'll realize you've already gone over everything. i personally feel 1 month is way too much. by the end of the month, you'll already be forgetting stuff u learned earlier. maybe thats just the way i learn...

yeah it sounds like you have plenty of time to get through the stuff, unless you are only studying like an hour a day.

Members don't see this ad :)
you have about a month till your actual DAT!! :) don't panic!!
Just start reviewing all subjects using the kaplan big blue book, AP cliff bio, etc. then try destroyer maybe 2-3 weeks before the real DAT. that's exactly what i did too!! :)

start studying like 12 hours a day. After 5 days, you'll realize you've already gone over everything. i personally feel 1 month is way too much. by the end of the month, you'll already be forgetting stuff u learned earlier. maybe thats just the way i learn...

Do you seriously study 12 hours a day:eek:?!!!!!!!!!!!! i get extremely tired after studying for 6-7 hours...whats wrong with me?!!!

hey guys,

Do NOT use lack of time as an excuse to do some half-a** studying. You've purchased all those resources in order to use them. Installing software on your computer and piling up books on the shelf does not bring up your score. You need to sit down and do every single problem. Otherwise you've wasted money and time. I personally don't think time is a problem in your case. You have 4 weeks, which should give you plenty of time to study. However, if you think you need more time, then reschedule.
I don't think you need more time though, and I'm gonna prove it to you:
Destroyer is comprised of the following sections and number of questions:
-O-chem ~215 questions...30problems/day...~ 1 week
-G-chem ~220 questions...30problems/day...~1 week
-Bio ~315 questions...30problems/day...~10 days
-Math ~150 questions...30 problems/dat...~5 days

So, as you can see, you can very well finish the entire destroyer in a week (Two weeks if you decide to do all the problems twice).
You'll be left with two more weeks, which is more than enough to do all the KAPLAN subject tests and full length exams.

Conclusion: You're not short on time. You can get it done, if you really want to.

Good Luck:thumbup: