Help I failed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omniscient_03

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help, I just found out I fail. Now what is the next step. I was wondering if anyone knew of any review programs I can attend. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You should meet with your academic advisor as soon as possible. Try not to get too depressed. It's not the end of the world.

Hey there,

Just wanted to say that I hope you are doing ok and aren't too down about this. I've known people to fail Step 1 and to ultimately come out doing pretty darn well on the exam the second time around. In studying again, it would probably be a good idea to focus on your areas of weakness the second time around (as identified by your score report, especially), and to use as many practice questions as you possibly can. I used Q-bank, and although I thought it was easier than my Step 1 exam, it was useful for identifying general themes. Board Simulator series killed, but it was really good for details if you have some time to use it as a learning tool. If you do have time, go for both types of questions, and you'll be ready for anything. I know people also liked Underground Clinical Vignettes for the clinically-based questions, of which I had a fair sampling on my exam.

In terms of review courses, I've heard from people that really liked both Kaplan live lecture and the videotape series, although I think the videotape stuff takes a lot of self discipline since there are LOTS of tapes and no fellow-sufferers to keep you motivated. I used the Kaplan lecture notes and the Q book without attending either the lectures or viewing the video tapes, and I found them useful.

Regardless, now you are already in a better position than you were before simply from understanding the exam more, and whatever resources you decide to use, I'm sure you will do wonderfully the second time around.

Good luck!!!