Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help!! I have alot of Ws on my transcript!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stookie, Nov 26, 2005.

1. stookie

stookie Slick Nasty
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How does adcoms look at Ws on your transcript? I have about 5 W s on my transcript, all for the same semester. Would I have to explain myself? I actually have a ligitimate reason for it. I had a major problem to deal with for years and because of this problem, my entire college academic career suffered. Now that the problem is sloved, I am doing better in school now, and I am woking hard to raise my GPA. Would they take into account all that was going on during that time or would I be just another reject?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SanDiegoSOD

SanDiegoSOD Milk was a bad choice
    7+ Year Member

Yes to most of your questions. That is, yes, medical schools will view the Ws in context of the problem that you solved. However, you will also have to explain the problem to medical schools, how you addressed it, and how/why you are better for it. But also, you may be rejected from some schools due to the problem. You really can't know, so the best thing to do is move forward, achieve stellar grades, and completely avoid getting any more Ws. :thumbup:

4. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Agreed. It will have to be addressed at some point, be honest about it, state what you learned, and hope for the best. I have 5 W's on my transcript as well. I had to withdraw because my family had a crisis where I needed to be there, and so far things have been going well for me during this cycle.

5. stookie

stookie Slick Nasty
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the info. I can' really explain how I addressed it and why I am better for it, but the problem worked out itself, but in the worst way possible. Also, I don't think they will reject me because of the problem. As far as stellar grades, I finally completed 2 semesters with a GPA over 3.0 for each semester. Before I never made it pass 2.7 Right now I have a GPA of 2.86 so I am looking into either post-bacc classes or a masters degree.