help...i may have messed up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_a_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently got accepted to a dental school. When I called to ask to confirm whether it was okay my transcript would say "voluntary withdrawal" from my masters program, they said I should finish it...which when I applied they said it was okay to withdraw.

If my studies in graduate courses on aadsas has not been updated (just my undergrad) and only sent in my undergraduate degree confirmation/transcript would that be okay? Just need some advice... I don't want my offer to be withdrawn. Btw, I am a Canadian applicant.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any written proof of them saying it's acceptable if you withdrew?

It was only in a phone call since they said they don't discuss files over email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering since my application on AADSAS did not have my graduate program on it initially, would i be obligated to report it. I can send in my undergraduate transcript with a degree confirmation separate from my master's transcript.

Are you in currently in your masters program in Canada?

Are you in currently in your masters program in Canada?

Yes. I am thinking they interviewed me not as a Master's student - but as someone who completed their undergrad, as I only said such. At the time I was applying to dental school I was pretty unsure about doing my Master's and that's why I did not confirm whether I was going to do it...I really do not enjoy the program.

I did not do that either. Also, how can you write an F30/31 if you do not know what resources or mentorship will be available to you?

Not completely sure what an F30/31 is. I was accepted into my research-based Master's program really late in the summer but still had the option of pursuing it. I did not have to ask for any grants.

At the time of your application to dental school, did you make any mention of pursuing a Master's or being accepted into a program? If not and there is no mention of such in any part of your application, you aren't obligated to complete your Master's program and can withdraw. However, I think you would still need to request your Master's program transcript to be sent to your dental school but they shouldn't rescind your acceptance because it was not part of your AADSAS application which in a sense can be treated like a contract.

At the time of your application to dental school, did you make any mention of pursuing a Master's or being accepted into a program? If not and there is no mention of such in any part of your application, you aren't obligated to complete your Master's program and can withdraw. However, I think you would still need to request your Master's program transcript to be sent to your dental school but they shouldn't rescind your acceptance because it was not part of your AADSAS application which in a sense can be treated like a contract.

I did not make any mention that I was even doing my Master's. All the grades reported were just from my undergraduate, which have been verified by AADSAS. I did say that I got awarded scholarships for graduate studies, but that was even before I actually entered the program - I think being awarded scholarships and accepting it would be different cases. When I called admissions, they did say that I didn't put any in progress spring graduate courses, which means that I wasn't planning on taking any more and wasn't going to drop out from those courses so I may be okay. However they are confirming with me tomorrow morning and I'm extremely paranoid.

I think you should be fine. In my acceptance email from my dental school, it says my acceptance is conditional and is contingent on the fact that I satisfactorily complete whatever courses listed as in progress or registered for at the time that I submitted my AADSAS application. So since you've made no mention of graduate studies, I think you're good to go and have nothing to worry about. A little paranoia is good but too much is not healthy. Give yourself a break, you deserve it!

Thanks! You helped me a lot. I was wondering if its possible to privately inbox you cause I had other questions - it's blocked on my end.