help!!I really need your advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!i'm a 4th yr high school student from the Philippines, parañaque to be exact, and i'm really interested in becoming a doctor... i just recently got the results from my De La Salle University Manila college entrance test and fortunately, i passed, moreover, i qualified for scholarship in the degree course of Human Biology, it's a new, three-year undergrad program wherein your third year is already like a med course...now i would like to know if dlsu gives quality education, the kind that would prepare me for the NMAT and for medical school...come january 28 2006 i would then get my freshman admission test results from UST, a well-known college for its quality education for pre-med and med courses...if ever i pass, which college should I choose for my pre-med? La Salle or UST? i mean, i hav scholarship for la salle, dat's a great opportunity to save for med school, but I do not know if its education is just the same level as UST's..i really hope that someone could help me with my dilemma, i know it's quite early,but i think that preparing now would greatly help me in the future... ;) btw, you could also contact me thru yahoo! messenger, i'm almost always online there!! :) [email protected] dat's my YM ID

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a scholarship in La Salle, I go for the La Salle undergrad. It will give you a good undergrad education. But for Medicine proper, I prefer UST over La Salle.

tantrum said:
If you have a scholarship in La Salle, I go for the La Salle undergrad. It will give you a good undergrad education. But for Medicine proper, I prefer UST over La Salle.

oh..ok..i think i'll agree with you..actually i just qualified for scholarship,ill b having an interview dis feb,dat's wen ill know if i wud rili pass...btw,is st.Luke's college of med also good?i haven't read much about it, i just heard that among the top 5 med schools,it could be considered as top 3 or 4 with regard to the number of students passing in the licensure exams...umm..do u hav any diea how much the tuition fees are in UST?tnx a lot for your response!!

darkone said:
oh..ok..i think i'll agree with you..actually i just qualified for scholarship,ill b having an interview dis feb,dat's wen ill know if i wud rili pass...btw,is st.Luke's college of med also good?i haven't read much about it, i just heard that among the top 5 med schools,it could be considered as top 3 or 4 with regard to the number of students passing in the licensure exams...umm..do u hav any diea how much the tuition fees are in UST?tnx a lot for your response!!
St. Luke's College of Medicine is one of the good schools in Metro Manila (aside from UST, FEU, UERM). For Medicine proper, UST has a better reputation but you still have to do the work in whatever school you get in. UST Medicine tuition is getting more expensive (about 75K per sem) but their undergrad tuition is lower.