1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

help me come up with ideas

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bsoe0, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bsoe0

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Not only is a dentist a highly skilled physician, he is also? (here's a short list i've come up with)

- a psychologist
    - an architect and artist
    - a leader and team player
    - communicator
    - business manager

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Weakfart

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    1. Dentists are not physicians (Assuming they do not have an MD or DO degree)
    2. They are also not psychologist
    3. They are not architects
    4. Dentists are dentists
    5. What are you doing.

4. Almost sounds like parts of a personal statement.

OP, if you are writing anywhere in your application that dentists are physicians, architects, and psychologists, I would strongly suggest rethinking that idea.

5. Scumbag_Steve

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    While I would shy away from calling yourself a future physician or psychologist in your personal statement, you are correct in that dentists have to have some attributes of the professions you described above. However, I would refer to particular overlapping characteristics (aesthetic intuition in the case of an architect, charisma and financial savvy of businessman ,etc.) instead of the other professions you've listed themselves.

6. pulltheleverkronk

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I see what you're getting at- I would just writing it differently. Listen to @rxdmx372 if you still want to take that route.

7. dentistaazzurro18

Dental Student
    A teacher- You will spend time with almost every patient teaching them about procedures, their treatment options and oral health instruction.

Maybe less of an architect and more of an engineer? Still a bit of a stretch but I could buy that more easily when it comes to designing things like RPDs.