HELP ME DECIDE..PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sunwoongc

OK, I've got a major dilemma here. I have been accepted to Boston U Dental and have been preparing to go there for the past month or so. I've got a studio leased and all financial aid paperworks are all worked out. But today, I've got a call from USC saying that I got accepted at the last minute. So, my question is if I want to ultimately practice in CA, how much of an advantage will attending USC give me over attending BU. I understand that there are issues with taking Cali board exams if you are from out of state. My friend and his friends attending UCLA dental school advised me to attend USC for various reasons. What do you guys think? Is taking Cali board exam much more difficult if you are coming from out of state? How about once you pass the test? How much more difficulties would I face in establishing my pracitice in CA, if I attended BU? My heart says attend BU as my girlfriend will also attend there, but my brain says otherwise....I am so confused. Any opinions will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

steve,
first chill out. u r lucky to have been accepted and all that.
second, i am not a dental student or even a dentist. but i live in boston. so i will tell you this -- it's freakin cold in winter. for a good 6 months.
fianlly, do what your heart tells you. who knows, you might like the east coast and settle here. also don't discount the gf factor. peace of mind is hard to find.
whatever you decide, best wishes.
KK