Help me decide: Tulane's MSc. Pharmacology vs MSc. Medical Genetics and Genomics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp0027

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title says it all. I was recently offered admission to both the Tulane's MSc. Pharmacology program and Msc. Medical Genetics and Genomics program.

I'm having trouble deciding between which one to accept, keeping in mind that the ultimate goal will be to get into medical school. The pharmacology program toutes a "79% of pharmacology MS graduates have gained admittance into medical, dental or graduate school" as compared to the medical genetics and genomics program which reports that "over 90% of our graduates who apply to medical school or osteopathy school have been accepted in subsequent years". I tend to take both figures with a grain of salt, given that it's not entirely transparent how they arrived at their rates.

I was wondering if any previous graduates have had experience with either program and can help me make a decision. Thanks y'all, it's much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

hi! im in the same predicament but with anatomy and microbiology. Are both of them at the tulane school of medicine?

Yes they are both at the school of medicine. I was recently admitted into the genetics program and I am having a hard time deciding on whether I should attend or not

Members don't see this ad :)
The title says it all. I was recently offered admission to both the Tulane's MSc. Pharmacology program and Msc. Medical Genetics and Genomics program.

I'm having trouble deciding between which one to accept, keeping in mind that the ultimate goal will be to get into medical school. The pharmacology program toutes a "79% of pharmacology MS graduates have gained admittance into medical, dental or graduate school" as compared to the medical genetics and genomics program which reports that "over 90% of our graduates who apply to medical school or osteopathy school have been accepted in subsequent years". I tend to take both figures with a grain of salt, given that it's not entirely transparent how they arrived at their rates.

I was wondering if any previous graduates have had experience with either program and can help me make a decision. Thanks y'all, it's much appreciated!
Which did you decide to go with? I am in the same exact spot! Both seem like great programs just trying to determine which would be better prior to med school?

How long did you guys wait before hearing a decision?

I just got accepted into the medical genetics and genomics program. Did you end up going? If so, how was your experience.